Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Soundbar 700 airplay password

Bose soundbar 700 keeps asking for airplay password when attempting to stream from my iPhone. I tried “1234” “0000” to no avail . Please help. 

latest firmware on the soundbar using iPhone 11 Pro. 

I have just relocated and reinstalled everything with new modem. I have Bose speaker 500 which does not ask for any password when streaming. 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 airplay password

Hey there, 

Thanks for posting. 

This is strange, I have not seen this before. Since it is not happening on your Soundbar 500, I would like to try some troubleshooting to see if we can stop this from happening. Please can I ask that we factory reset the soundbar as you have recently changed the modem? It may just be in need of a little refresh. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

I’ve completed a reset and now I can not set up the soundbar. 

it does show up in the available devices for set, however an error is displayed as as set up is attempted. 

“oops something went wrong 

we had trouble establishing an initial connection with your product“

message appears

i have depowered both, the iPhone and soundbar and still couldn’t get it to work. 

thanks 

Highlighted

Hi Fanboonomo,

If you are getting that error message when trying to connect to the soundbar, then there is an alternative setup method that can be used to get your soundbar onto your Wi-Fi network. This method bypasses the app until the speaker is already on the Wi-Fi network.

For this setup method, what you will need to do is as follows:

• Put the speaker into Setup mode by pressing and holding  TV icon and Skip Back buttons for five seconds: The light bar on the soundbar will glow amber.
  • On a computer or mobile device, open its Wi-Fi settings menu and connect to the network name that begins with Bose followed by the product name.
  • Open a web browser and go to http://192.0.2.1 to view the set up screen.
  • Select your home Wi-Fi network name from the drop-down list and enter the network password.
  • Tap Submit. The speaker will disconnect from your device and connect to your network.
  • If still connected, disconnect from the Bose setup network.
  • In the Bose Music app, tap + to connect the product.

Let me know how you get on after doing this!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Ok, managed another reset and setup. 

it is still however asking me for the airplay password...   😞 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Fanboonomo, sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties accessing AirPlay 2. By default, there are no restrictions or passcode protection to access AirPlay 2. Additionally, there is no way from a Bose standpoint to set or initiate a passcode for our range of Smart Home speakers.

There's an older similar thread HERE, whereby the root issue was down to how the network had been setup in the home, with settings within the router/network being the root issue. Another thread HERE discusses how there were settings integrated into the iOS device itself that was causing difficulties with using AirPlay. Can you tell us a little more about the devices that you're using with the speaker and your home's wireless network? Are you using any boosters/extenders, etc? Are there any settings that have been applied to your iPhone? I appreciate that your 500 speaker does not present this message, but we'd like to know more.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

It keeps asking me not just on my iPhone but also through my Mac computer to put a password in

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I'm guessing it's looking for a password you used to set up the Bose Music app.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Hi, 

Thanks for reply. 

No, I haven't done anything different to before when it did work without a hassle. 

No boosters/extenders, no change in settings on iPhone (latest iOS) 

The modem is different at the new place, basic network settings (similar to old place). 

I tried with an iPad, same problem. 

I reset the Bose speaker 500 to see if it still works. Yes, no password needed. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Interesting thing has happened. 

I reset the soundbar once again, however this time I connected it to the 5g signal from the modem. 

This worked!  

Must have been something with the 2.4 signal being sent out.