ocarroll
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Soundbar 700 & Apple TV 4k - Keeps powering on

Bose Soundbar 700

USA

Firmware Version 10.0.10-8565+88f8514

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Soundbar connected via HDMI ARC to Samsung Smart TV and Apple TV 4k connected to TV via HDMI-1. After I power off all devices by using the Apple TV Sleep mode from the Apple TV remote, all devices power off. 30 Seconds later Soundbar automatically powers on, then TV powers on, then Apple TV powers on. 

Tried unplugging all devices for 2 minutes then reconnecting. Same problem. 

Hope there is a solution. This is my 3rd 700 and the other two are connected exactly the same way and work perfectly. 

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L

Re: Soundbar 700 & Apple TV 4k - Keeps powering on

Hi ocarroll,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

If your TV, soundbar, and Apple TV are all turning back on once you've turned them off, it is likely that one of the devices is sending a command via HDMI-CEC that is turning all the devices back on again. Each of the TV, soundbar, and Apple TV will have their own CEC settings that you can use to resolve this.

On the soundbar, the CEC settings are controlled through the Bose Music app, as shown HERE. You have the choice of having CEC set to On, Alternate, and Off. As all TVs use CEC slightly differently, it's worth testing with all 3 of these settings to see which works best with your TV.

On your TV, the CEC settings will be listed as "Anynet+" as this is Samsung's brand name for their CEC controls. In the settings menu on your TV, there will be options to adjust what the CEC settings on your TV do that you will want to take a look at. If you are unsure about which settings to look at, if you can let me know the model number of your TV, or attach a screenshot of the settings menu I can see what settings are likely to help.

For your Apple TV, the CEC settings will be under Settings > Remotes and Devices > Control TVs and Receivers. Try changing these settings as well to see which if any stops the systems all turning back on.

With CEC on multiple devices, it can take a bit of trial and error to find the best settings for each device so they all play together nicely. As CEC is not a standardized technology every company implements it slightly differently it can need some adjustment to get the best results.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!