Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Soundbar 700 & Google Assistant Canada

Is the integration with Google Assistant broken?

I'm located in Canada and I’m using the same e-mail address for both Bose Music & Google Accounts, I previously had the Assistant working well, but I recently updated my WiFi network, reset the soundbar, and reinstalled the relevant apps, but now every time I try and enable the Assistant, all I get is an “Oops, that didn’t work, but you can try again later from Voice Assistant settings.” which I've tried dozens of times and it has not worked. I’m using an iPhone, and also tried using an iPad.

I have been able to successfully link the Bose Music app within the Assistant / Google Home, however, when trying to finish the set-up process in the Bose Music app itself I get the "Oops" message.  

For interest, I was able to successfully add Alexa, however, I use Google Home for home control and prefer Google Assistant.  

Please help.  🙂

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundbar 700 & Google Assistant Canada

Hi Dan78,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to set up Google Assistant with your Soundbar 700 and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify, at what point during the setup via the Bose Music app are you getting the "Oops" message? Is it always at the same point?

As this started after you updated the Wi-Fi network, it could be possible that a setting in your new network is stopping the activation from going through correctly. Do we have any firewalls enabled on your router? It would be worth turning those off while we attempt the setup to see if it is affecting the process at all.

It's interesting that it is giving us the same error on a couple of devices. As the two we have tried so far have been Apple Devices, would it be possible to attempt the setup using an Android device and see if it has the same issue?

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!