shebas18
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Soundbar 700 & Sony XBR-49X835C Remote Control partially works

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure my new Soundbar 700 with my TV, a Sony XBR-49X835C.

I'm able to power ON/OFF the TV, and also can play with the volume UP/DOWN, but I'm not able to access the rest of the functions included in the original remote control (even change the inputs or access the apps in the TV).

I configured my Arris Cable source successfully and can control it from the Bose Remote Control.

Any help with this will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sebas

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 & Sony XBR-49X835C Remote Control partially works

Hi Sabas, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be having with controlling your TV with the remote control. Let's see what I can do for you! 

As the remote control is universal, it could be that some of the buttons for the functions may be different from what you would expect them to be on your original remote control. As an example, it has been seen that the 'TV Input' button can be used for selecting the source on the TV, e.g. HDMI 1, 2, etc. This can also be true for accessing the menu with your apps. I would recommend trying the 'Home' icon and 'Menu' to see if these bring up the correct view for you. 

If this is unsuccessful, then I would recommend trying to program the remote again in the app. Please be aware that you may need to delete the original before trying again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest. 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
shebas18
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Thanks Jessie, I re-programmed the universal remote control with the model name, and now it works.

Now the thing is that everytime I press any button controling the TV, the universal remote control send two commands. For example, when I want to pause a film I press the play/pause button, but the TV revceives two, so it keeps playing the movie... any suggestion with this?

Highlighted

Hi shebas18,

I'm glad to hear we've got the universal remote back to controlling the TV.

With the remote sending two commands, this is something that has cropped up with a small number of users before. We do have our engineering team working on a fix for this already, so hopefully, we will be able to provide more information on the solution from them soon.

Kind Regards,

Keith

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
shebas18
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Thanks Keith. How can I suscribe to the resolution update when done?

Highlighted

Hello shebas18, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Any updates will be applied automatically over the air, so I would recommend keeping an eye on the firmware of the Soundbar 700. When it changes, I would then test again. 

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Jeff G