Soundbar 700 and Alexa Routines

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundbar 700 and Alexa Routines

Good morning.  I have the Soundbar 700, linked up Alexa, linked Bose skill.  When I say a routine like “Alexa, start my day”, she says “audio commands are not supported on this device” then proceeds to perform the routine.  Is there a setting somewhere that I’ve missed?

18 REPLIES

Re: Soundbar 700 and Alexa Routines

Hi Gilletts

Thanks for posting in the Community! 

I've reached out to our development team, and they have confirmed that we currently do not support Alexa routines.  I have passed the feedback along and will update the Community as soon as we hear anything different.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Strident Supporter

Same problem here. It is odd because it all appears to work fine, I can setup a “Good morning” routine to turn on my hive lamp, and have the sound bar play a radio station.

But Alexa states:

“Audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device”

But it proceeds to perform the routine with no problem.

Friendly Fanatic

Hi..
Did you hear back from the development team on the update.
I'm facing the same issue. I have created Alexa routines for my smart devices. The routine works when I ask my Bose home speaker 500 but it says, "audio actions in routines are not supported for this device"

Regards,

Somil Gupta

Hi Somil

Thanks for writing in!

At this point no updates, but we'll be sure to update the Community if this will be a feature that is supported.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Silent Starter

Hi Tony

I don't think you are reading the question properly. This is happening to us as well with a Soundbar 500.

The action / routine IS being carried out, but the bar still says that it is not supported....

So, it's not a "feature" that needs supporting, as it does support it - but the voice announcement says it does not !

Audible Advocate

Same here, using a Soundbar 500 when I say something like "Alexa, good morning" alexa responds with "Audio actions in routines are not currently supported on this device" but then completes all the actions in the "good morning" routine. So it seems that audio actions in routines are supported and alexa is giving an unecessary warning message.

Silent Starter

Agreed...this is very annoying! I purchased my 500 with the understanding that it was a properly functioning Alexa...will this glitch get fixed or should I return my 500? Thanks
Audible Advocate

I’m having the same exact issue with my 700 Soundbar. Not sure why this has not been addressed yet.
Friendly Fanatic

Same problem... I bought the 700 counting on a update...