DBeere
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2018

Soundbar 700 and Bose Music App

I’ve just spent a large amount of money to buy the Soundbar 700 and Sub touted to be the most amazing sound bar ever.

The sound is very impressive but the setup is a nightmare.

The Bose Music app finds it, connects to the network, lets me name it, registers it and then all of a sudden it says that it is “not available” so I can’t actually use it for anything other than basic sound through the hdmi cable.

Seriously frustrated after over 3 hours of trying to set it up and find help online. I’ve done factory resets and tried everything but no joy.
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
tifa3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 and Bose Music App

I had a similar issue that it wouldn't find it after it was connected. I exchanged it for another one and that fixed it. Maybe there's an issue with the wifi chip or something. 

Highlighted
joejaz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2018

Same situation.  I bought this last week and  was also very impressed with the sound. But the setup was terrible. There was no manual or link to online instructions provided. The Bose website doesn't even link to the 700 on their support page; you have to search for the model number in order to find it. It took me several hours of research, several factory resets, and experimentation to even get the app and subwoofer to connect to the main unit. Finally got the app to consistently connect to the soundbar, thought it would sometimes take 10 seconds or so to detect the soundbar upon opening the app.

After several days of use and a software update to the app, the app again fails to connect to the soundbar. I tried doing another factory reset, and the app shows some evidence of trying to identify the unit and connect, but still fails. 

I normally really like Bose products, but Bose really fails on this one. It feels like such a beta product.  Not what I expect for such an expensive product. The livid burning in my chest is not what I want to feel when garnering a first impression of a product. Hold off on buying this until Bose becomse serious about supporting this product.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello All

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear you're running into these issues, but would be happy to help!

Since running into this detection issue, have you been able to reboot the speaker and router by removing power for 30 seconds?

We've seen in some instances, that if you're able to login to your router, if WMM or QoS is enabled, can you try disabling it?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
joejaz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2018

As a follow-up, I returned my 700 to Best Buy and replaced it with another one.  It works much better and connects right away.  As tifa3 mentions, perhaps there is a batch with bad WiFi chips or something.

I still feel like the setup process could have been made a lot easier. There was a lot of guesswork needed for it, as I mentioned before.  

Anyway, I'm glad the replaced unit works better. 

Highlighted
Zbeyda
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2018

Hi Tony,

I’m having this same issue....

The reset doesn’t seem to work. Any other solutions?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Zbeyda! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am certainly sorry to hear you are experiencing the same problem. Were you able to log into your router and check the WMM and QoS settings, ensuring they are disabled? Are you receiving any specific error code from the app? What does the app display if it fails to detect the soundbar?

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
joejaz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2018

Hey Zebyda. See if you can replace it. That did the trick for me anyway.
Highlighted
Jaydana
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING and I just feel like crying.. nothing is working, the app cannot find the sound bar and bass module. I’ve restarted modem, pulled all plugs out and reconnected them all on soundbsr, turned off power numerous times, tried with Bluetooth but it still wasn’t detected... for god sake.. for the amount of money this **bleep** well cost, it should not be this hard!!!! We will end up taking it back and getting our money back.. I’ll NEVER buy Bose again after this.. only worked for two weeks!
Highlighted
Zbeyda
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2018

FYI, this problem was fixed for me. I called Bose and sat on the phone with them for hours trying all different things. The last thing we tried worked- I downloaded the bose app on a different phone and logged in to my account and for some reason the system popped up again. Its now visible on my app too!
Hope this helps....