Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MabesNZ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2021

Soundbar 700 and HDMI 2.1

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase the Bose Soundbar 700 and read in the specs that it requires HDMI ARC connectivity. My TV has HDMI 2.1. Will the sound bar work optimally with HDMI 2.1, just as it would with HDMI ARC?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Soundbar 700 and HDMI 2.1

Author Accepted Answer selected by MabesNZ

Thanks for letting us know that MabesNZ. I've checked the specifications for your TV, and it does have an ARC/eARC port that you can use, so you can use either the HDMI-ARC connection or the optical connection with the soundbar and your TV! From what I can see, the ARC/eARC port should be HDMI 3, but it's worth double-checking as it will be labelled on the TV itself.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Hey MabesNZ,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. That's a great question!

The Soundbar 700 can be connected to your TV through HDMI (ARC) or the included Optical cable, for audio output. The HDMI 2.1 specification unfortunately does not mean an HDMI (ARC) port is available (unless specified on the TV ports). In your case, if you're not able to make the HDMI (ARC) connection, you can use the digital audio out (optical) port on your TV connections. Is this available for you?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
MabesNZ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2021

Hi Sam_F

Thanks for your message.

I've been doing some research online and found an article that says the Bose Soundbar 700 includes eARC. Could you please confirm if this is true? If so, then it would be compatible with HDMI 2.1 as it also includes eARC. I'm reluctant to use the Optical cable as it isn't as optimal as HDMI.

Thanks

Sam_F

Hey MabesNZ,

You are correct! The Bose Soundbar 700 has both HDMI-ARC and HDMI-eARC compatibility. The HDMI connection on the Soundbar 700 is HDMI 2.0b, and this should be compatible with an HDMI 2.1 cable. However, so I can be sure, could you confirm the TV you're planning to connect the Soundbar 700 to?

MabesNZ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2021

Hi Sam_F,

Thanks for your message.

The TV is a Sony Bravia KD55A8. It has 3x HDMI 2.0 and 1x HDMI 2.1 ports.

Thanks

Mabel

Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by MabesNZ

Thanks for letting us know that MabesNZ. I've checked the specifications for your TV, and it does have an ARC/eARC port that you can use, so you can use either the HDMI-ARC connection or the optical connection with the soundbar and your TV! From what I can see, the ARC/eARC port should be HDMI 3, but it's worth double-checking as it will be labelled on the TV itself.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post