Azagoth
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

Soundbar 700 cuts out then emits a high pitched noise

My Bose 700 soundbat has started randomly cutting out and then emitting a high pitched static filled noise that scares my entire family. What is going on. I have reset the soundbar several times and it fixes the issue for awhile. This all started after the last "critical update" a couple weeks ago. Bose needs to fix this. I have almost $3000 invested...two subs and surround 700s...and it's simply unacceptable that this is occurring so frequently. Please fix this issue as soon as possible with another update. 

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Re: Soundbar 700 cuts out then emits a high pitched noise

Hey Azagoth,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you're running into static audio issues with your home theatre system, but I'd be happy to assist.

Are you certain this only started occurring after the latest firmware update to your Soundbar 700? Does this sound occur when watching certain programs or listening to certain music? Do you ever run into this issue when streaming music through the Bose Music app or using Bluetooth?

I'd recommend continuing to try resets on the system to clear any underlying issues, and to check all cabling is securely connected and nothing is loose, which could cause problems.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Danmarc
Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 cuts out then emits a high pitched noise

Same here on a 700 system. Exactly, identical behavior today, when watching TV.

A static cracking, electrical noise and then the sound was out. I presumed the system was "fried" by some power supply surcharge. But the power was OK as long as the TV showed no sign of trouble and was running normally, just without sound.

Apart from the lack of sound, the system appeared completely "dead"; absolutely no answer to any remote order, power, volume or anything else.

After some time, maybe around a minute (like after a reboot), the white led was back on and everything back to normal.

I ignored it until I saw this thread.

FW is 10.0.11