Highlighted
TonyAU
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Soundbar 700 firmware version 5.0.12 issues

Hi all, I know there is a previous thread that is detailing issues with the lastest firmware, but I thought it might be best to start a new threat with at least the firmware number so people can add their comments and Bose can read through.

Hi all, I would like to share my experience with the new firmware.

Firstly, the micro audio drop out on dolby digital is much better but not fully resolved.

Secondly, internet radio via tunein now the audio drops out repeatedly, regardless of which station and this can be for up to 30 seconds to several minutes before audio resumes. This didnt occur before the latest firmware update.

Thirdly, CEC is totally broken. I have a sony tv and with my previous soundtouch 300 never an issue with CEC, on the soundbar 700, CEC ramdomly worked on the previous firmware (mostly didnt work however) and now on the newer firmware it is completely broken. Agree with previous posters here.

@bose, what's next?

29 REPLIES 29
drnando
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 firmware version 5.0.12 issues

Seconding this. 

After the update, I have no audio when turning on the TV using the bose remote. The only way to fix it is to unplug the sound bar and plug it back while the TV is on. 

I got the sound bar over a month ago and had it connected to my TV using the HDMI Arc port and I never had this problem... until yesterday...

Terry Boosio
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Same for me, with a Sony AF9 TV eARC is completely broken now.

Somehow I found a way to get the sound through the soundbar anyway but the soundbar stays with the stand-by light on.

It works only randomly and the audio quality seems to be lower.

Things seem to work normally with Airplay

I had so many issues over the last 2 days it has been immensely frustrating: update freezing, no audio, no recognition, I did 3 factory resets and once with the service cable. I am tempted to throw everything out of the window.

When will the new firmware be released?

Goran65
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

The Bose remote stopped working. Worked only with the Soundbar 700.

Have to remove TV, TV-box and streaming unit in the app and then add them again.

Works fine now.

/Goran

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

After 2 frustating days of setup / various issues after the update to 5.0.12, I can confirm HDMI/ARC is broken in this firmware for LG TV Model OLED65C7T.

The soundbar seems to lose the handshake with the TV, and there is no more sound...

Only option is to plug an optical cable, otherwise the problem keeps happening, and need to power off everything / unplug to redo the handshake.

I had no ARC/HDMI issue with firmware 4.0.11 and my LG TV.

BOSE: Can we get this fixed ASAP, and not wait another 3 months and get another broken firmware update please.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@ThierryB wrote:

After 2 frustating days of setup / various issues after the update to 5.0.12, I can confirm HDMI/ARC is broken in this firmware for LG TV Model OLED65C7T.

The soundbar seems to lose the handshake with the TV, and there is no more sound...

Only option is to plug an optical cable, otherwise the problem keeps happening, and need to power off everything / unplug to redo the handshake.

I had no ARC/HDMI issue with firmware 4.0.11 and my LG TV.

BOSE: Can we get this fixed ASAP, and not wait another 3 months and get another broken firmware update please.

One more update regarding the sound drop-out issue. These are still not fixed ! I am still experiencing sound drop-out with both HDMI and optical cable when playing dolby digital.

So this firmware is basically worse than 4.0.11.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

After playing more content thourgh the optical cable, It seems like the dolby digital sound drop-out are actually worse in this firmware. They are longer, more frequent and more noticeable than with 4.0.11!

This firmware is really a FAIL!

Can we get our soundbars back on firmware 4.0.11 ?

Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Hi I have no dropout sound yet and arc working fine foe me so far.any body else 

vari
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

HaHa, The terrible thing is, at least I think is CEC problem :(. I'm using LGOLED55C7K. When I turn on tv SB700 often doesn't work. No sound Haha.. 

What is next bose?

Why do you trust that monkey development team?

Fixing bugs make another problems again and again.

The next firmware also could be followed another bug.

You know? this is typical spaghetti code in development. 

Maintainence and improvement of software doesn't come for free.

chris4prez
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2019

2 LG C9 TVs with two seperate BOSE Soundbar 700/sub/surround setups here and both CEC audio control is no longer working after FW update.  Prior it worked flawlessly.  Bose clearly has horrible QA after the last snafu and causing the back channels to crackle requiring an update.

How quick are they going to fix the FW issues?  Not having CEC working is a huge flaw.