J.ARANA
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

Soundbar 700 has serious software issues

Hi, I just bought a soundbar 700 , a bass module 700 and virtualy invisible speaker 300 . I have never seen so many bugs in a single product since Windows 98. Just to clarify my background a bit: I am a maritime engineer specialized in merchant ships.I am surrounded by computers and technology all day long, part of my job on the ships is to troubleshoot faults, sometimes in machinery plc software, and other times in ship operation computers.

Things that I was facing:
1. I had to perform a factory reset immediately after plugging in the soundbar because for a reason the app refused to discover the soundbar.
2. After the network setup the soundbar decided to update itself. Which is fine, the app was showing that the bar updates, but it gives too little feedback during the update such as: download completion in % and installation finished in %. It just leaves you wondering IF the whole thing is frozen.
3. The 700 bass module and 300 virtual invisible speakers are very quiet. I tried almost everything written on the forum, including resetting the soundbar and removing it from my Bose account. Open a new bose account, check that they are connected on the same wifi network and nothing worked. When I tried to add the soundbar again, the app refused to register or activate it.
4. I tried to connect the bass module directly with a stereo cable to the sound bar. He did nothing ... (best description I can imagine). In other words, I can't connect the $ 800 bass and $ 300 speakers to my $ 800 bar, that is, my $ 2,000 investment for my living room is not yet operational.
5. There is a 600 ms delay in BLUETOOTH connection with a Windows 10 PC. And the same in Android devices. This is really unacceptable. Currently I only use my bar with bluetooth with my android mobile, and with hdmi cable with my Qled samsung tv, since the app does not activate my bar and therefore I cannot activate the other accessories.
6. Sometime along the way the soundbar refused to play anything from the TV. After some powering on and off and reconfiguring of the TV output it finally worked again
7.I have tried to connect the sounbar - ethernet way directly and it does not activate or register the soundbar. As I did factory reset I have also tried to install the software update via service with a PC and the update fails, really a disaster.

In Venezuela there is no authorized bose technical service, only an authorized seller of the brand offers me his help, since he bought the 700 bass module, here in Venezuela. The bar and speakers were purchased at a best buy in Texas during a stay on the ship where I worked until January before returning to my country.

8. It is not clear what is the firmware of bar and the Bass module and how can one update the firmware.

Most of the problems I am mentioning here are purely software issues. The system costed 2000$ and in my opinion it should work flawlessly. Setup / patchup a decent firmware and release it for everybody to enjoy.

Regards,
Johann Arana
From Venezuela

2 REPLIES 2
Carlosvarela9@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Remote won’t pair

I’m having issues with my remote 

mat first I thought it was the batteries so I bought a whole new package with 30 batteries.

Only 6 buttons keeps on flashing. I’ve tried turning my router and speaker off. Also resetting all the codes pressing volume - down and ⬅️ and center button it just won’t connect. 
Also removing batteries and pressing volume - and left ⬅️ And pressing the central button from my speaker then pressed volume + and doesn’t work. 
what is going on?

Carlosvarela9@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Re: Soundbar 700 has serious software issues

did you fix the problem? I was having so many issues with connectivity that gave so many headaches and the latest is the remote, it won’t connect to my soundbar anymore it made me go an buy a huge package of brand new batteries (energizer) because I thought my recharging batteries were bad but no and I can’t reset my soundbar because I need my remote but that’s not all it made my surround speakers and bass module to sound weird the sounds comes and goes. I’ve been reading the owners manual and it doesn’t work. By the way it’s funny how Bose haven’t get the time to respond to your comment