Leo42
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2019

Soundbar 700 high volume issue

Dear all,

I have since now one month an issue with my bose soundbar 700. During the music is playing with Spotify the volume of my soundbar is set to maximum without any voice command or that I interract with my phone/remote control. This issue comes only sometimes but it is really annoying! 
Do you have an idea how to solve this issue?

Best regards,

Léo

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundbar 700 high volume issue

Hello Léo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm truly sorry to hear that you are experiencing some volume issues with Spotify on your Soundbar 700.

Are you using Spotify from the native Spotify app or the Bose Music app? Or even through Bluetooth?

What is the make, model and OS version of the device you are using to connect to the Soundbar?

Could you please let me know the firmware version of your soundbar by clicking the image of your Soundbar in the bottom right > Settings > Technical Info.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Leo42
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2019

Dear Charlotte,

I used both: Native Spotify App and Bose Music app or only Alexa ("Alexa, open Spotify"). I never used bluetooth. My device is a Honor 5C (NEM-51) with Android 7.0.

The firmare version is 6.0.15-7651+0af1f35

Best regards,
Léo

Hello Leo,

Thanks for confirming this information!

A would recommend removing and re-adding the Spotify service within the Bose Music app. Additionally, please ensure that the Spotify application on your Android device is up to date.

Should the issue happen again, then I would suggest factory resetting your soundbar. 

If Alexa is enabled, please follow these steps:

1. Open the Amazon Alexa app and view the smart devices associated with your Amazon account.
  2. Remove the Soundbar 700 you want to reset from the smart devices listed in the Alexa app
    Tip: Your Bose product might appear more than once. Remove all instances of it
  3. Open the Bose Music app > Tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left corner > Select the Soundbar > Tap the soundbar in the bottom right > Settings > Voice Assistant > Select Alexa > Remove Account.

If Google Assistant is enabled:

1. Open the Bose Music app > Tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left corner > Select the Soundbar > Tap the soundbar in the bottom right > Settings > Voice Assistant > Select Google Assistant > Remove Account.

Then:

1. Remove the Soundbar from your account. Tap the profile button in the upper right of the My Bose home page > Manage Products > Edit > Select Soundbar > Delete.
  2. On the remote, press and hold the Power and Skip forward buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. The product reboots and, when complete, the light bar on the front glows solid amber.

Now setup the Soundbar again and monitor the behavior of the volume.

Let me know how this goes.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G