Soundbar 700 issues. Sound skips, Really loud constant beep when pausing media.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Soundbar 700 issues. Sound skips, Really loud constant beep when pausing media.

Hardware: Vizio P65-F1 with Nvidia Shield TV. Soundbar 700 connected over ARC to TV. I stream mostly Plex, Netflix and Prime Video. Phone is OnePlus 6t with Android 9.0.

Sound quality is good, but I've been really disappointed with just about everything else.

First, the Android app is really really bad. Every single time I load the app it forces me to log back in (making me put in user/pass credentials). I can't tell is this is deliberate (which would be really bad UX), or just a buggy app.

I have 3 sound issues. I should take a video of this, because it's hard to believe this happens on an $800 speaker...

1, when pausing media, I sometimes get a super loud screeching sound. It lasts until I turn off the Shield TV.

2, when I to back to the homescreen of the Shield TV after playing media, I sometimes hear a quiet (but clearly audible) beeping sound. It goes away when I play media.

3, audio skips when playing movies (both Dolby Digital and DTS). It sometimes only happens every 10 mins or so, but ruins  the moment when it happens.

I've done basic troubleshooting (factory reset and powering everything down to reset HDMI-CEC).

Any ideas? The obvious would be to get replacement hardware, but this doesn't seem like a hardware defect. It seems like software/firmware. I also don't have time to drive to Bose to swap it out and then spend another hour firmware updating and setting up a new one if it's going to have the same problems.

5 REPLIES

Re: Soundbar 700 issues. Sound skips, Really loud constant beep when pausing media.

Hi SyXbit,

Thanks for writing in!  I'm sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• Does the beeping/screeching/skipping occur on a different source at all?  Does this happen when you try to cast to the TV instead of using the Nvidia Shield?
  • Have you rebooted the TV/streaming device?

Regarding the app, it should automatically sign you in once you open the app after first time setup.  Can we try and clear the cache/date from the app manager for the Bose Music app to see if this helps?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Re: Soundbar 700 issues. Sound skips, Really loud constant beep when pausing media.

I only have one source (My shield TV)

I managed to figure out the loud beep. I had to switch the TV's ARC HDMI output from bitstreaming to PCM.

I'm not happy about this, as I'd prefer to bitstream, but it's working.

Hello SyXbiT,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Some devices will emit a tone to keep your other devices active so they don't turn off after a certain time.

We appreciate you sharing the solution to the community.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Silent Starter

I don't have the screeching issue, but I am experiencing the audio skipping that was called out in the first post on this thread.  My setup is ridiculously simple.  Comcast Xfinity box directly into Samsung TV then ARC over to the soundbar.  I get this audio skip sometimes infrequently and sometimes more often.  Every time it happens it is highly annoying.  The sound literally skips for like half a second and then starts back up.  I saw this audio skipping called out in the beginning of this thread but I never saw a response to it.  Anyone else experiencing this audio skip problem?  Any ideas on how to fix?  Thanks!

Hello JasonS,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing an intermittent audio issue with your Soundbar 700, but I'd be happy to assist.

Can you try the following and test after every step?

• Disable Anynet + on your Samsung TV under settings
  • Can you verify what the audio output format your TV is set to? The Soundbar 700 is compatible with Dolby Digital and DTS
  • What HDMI cable are you using in between the TV and your Soundbar 700? Have you tested with another HDMI cable?
  • What's the model and software version of your Samsung TV?
  • Does a power cycle of the TV and Soundbar help?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support