Highlighted
shawnh62
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

Good afternoon everyone. I have a Soundbar 700 and a Samsung UN60ES6100 TV. About 4 months ago I bought and set up the Soundbar. HDMI is connected from Soundbar to the TV’s HDMI2(ARC) port.

Everything has worked great until this last week. Now when I turn the TV and Soundbar on all I get is TV speakers when the volume is turned up. Prior to this week when I would turn the TV volume up it would display anynet volume on the TV. If volume is turned up using the Soundbar remote nothing happens.  Do you guys have any ideas what may have changed?  Nothing has been changed on the TV or Soundbar since the initial setup...

Thanks!

218 REPLIES 218
swyberAU
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

I’m having the same problem with my LG OLED. Haven’t had this problem ever before and suspect it’s the latest firmware update. This is the second major issue I’ve had with the Soundbar 700 (first being the 5.1 decoding issue with recent firmware).  I’m ready to return the product. Please help!

BOSE SOUND BAR 700

Firmware

5.0.12-7158+9376780

Connection

HDMI ARC with CEC enabled

TV

[LG] webOS TV OLED55B7T

swyberAU
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Shawnh62, what firmware version are you running? I suspect there’s a big that prevents a successful HDMI handshake. When I reset the speaker by unplugging power and reconnecting, that fixes it temporarily, but happened again later in the day when I turn the TV back on. Is this the same for you?

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

It is very likely to be the firmware update. 

Mojoe793
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Same issues here just started today with LG oled. I can fix unplugging and resetting soundbar I don’t have to change anything on tv. Same firmware as above. Any fix? Change cec to auto instead of on?

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

try HDMI alternate and connect with optical too and see if it resolves

fricative
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

I am having the same problem with an LG 55UH6030 TV.

swyberAU
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Hi Raiden,

Alternate CEC setting doesn’t correct this, even with CEC turned off on TV and Soundbar it doesn’t work (including after resting both systems). 

Optical output is only a temportary solution, not a fix as the expectation is firmware won’t break the HDMI connection.  But yes, we can get sound if we connect with optical until this is fixed. 

This, the AC3 firmware issue, and hardware issues is not a great start for this product’s life. 

SplashChris
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Bose 700 Soundbar No sound via ARC connector from TV

I have tried every possible combination of wiring I can think of but the ARC function will not send sound to the Bose 700 soundbar but the optical cable will. I've verified that external speakers are enabled, made triple sure that the ARC port is the actual port connected from the TV to the soundbar. Been spinning my wheels for hours on this which is quite frustrating considering the price point being top shelf. I don't want to settle for one vs the other when this unit along with my TV is designed to perform this funcion. The Connectivity on the TV is limited as it is, so being forced to route everything through there incumbers what you can/can't use device wise.

Dr. Papadodu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar No sound via ARC connector from TV

I have exactly the same problem as you for now I am with the sound of the TV by default ... Not normal