Diomac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

Thierry I can help with the remote, you have to clear it's pairing memory.  On the remote press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds and then you can pair it again.   This happened to me as well, it won't pair again until you do this.

However yes this firmware is a total fail.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Diomac wrote:

Thierry I can help with the remote, you have to clear it's pairing memory.  On the remote press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds and then you can pair it again.   This happened to me as well, it won't pair again until you do this.

Thanks for posting. I tried before but I used the wrong combination (I used arrow down instead of volume down).

This worked with volume down and left arrow. Thank you.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@ThierryB wrote:

@Diomac wrote:

Actually the reset works, but the remote even though going through the setup again cannot control my TV or Apple TV 4K... and this used to work fine before... So still an issue with this firmware it seems...

Thanks for posting. I tried before but I used the wrong combination (I used arrow down instead of volume down).

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@ThierryB wrote:

@Diomac wrote:

Hi

Sorry my update got lost in previous post:

Actually the reset works, but the remote (even though going through the setup again) cannot control my TV fully as it did with previous firmware. For instance the home button on the remote control doesn't work anymore with my LG TV C7. and this used to work fine before... So still an issue with this firmware it seems...

nadd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2014

@nadd wrote:

@BrianJP wrote:

Have you had the recent firmware update on your bar yet. If so it may be to do with that. It caused me all kinds of problems including ARC CEC , loss of remote control functions and unable to find TV .

Had to do a factory reset and reinstall DVD,sat box etc. Well done Bose my bar had been working fine for 6 months and your "Fix" for an issue I never had has caused me 2 hours of frustration.Not impressed

Hi BrianJP, 

Did a factory reset solve your issues? I might want to attempt that, instead of having to turn the mains off and on each time I lose audio.

Just a quick update, the factory reset didn’t solve my problem.

Similar to VertigoMitch, it works fine after completely turning off the Soundbar’s mains. But the moment I try to turn off the TV or sound bar, the handshake is lost and I cannot get audio back until fully turning off the Soundbar again. Switching between ARC and TV speakers on the TV doesn’t help.

This has been such a frustrating weekend. Bose, please revert the firmware or release a patch ASAP.

Mestupt
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

Soundbar has been working fine for 8 months now. Until yesterday and no sound. Had to unplug soundbar from power bar to get it working again. Nothing else worked. Changing settings, unplugging HDMI, switching input, none of that did anything. 

Highlighted
Terry Boosio
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Same for me, with a Sony AF9 TV eARC is completely broken now.

Somehow I found a way to get the sound through the soundbar anyway but the soundbar stays with the stand-by light on. There is no normal white light but the sound come through.

It works only randomly though and the audio quality seems to be lower.

Things seem to work normally with Airplay

I had so many issues over the last 2 days it has been immensely frustrating: update freezing, no audio, no recognition, I did 3 factory resets and once with the service cable. I am tempted to throw everything out of the window.

Funny everything worked perfectly for months before some genius decided to 'fix' it.

When will the new firmware be released?

twizy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Good (or not so good?) to see others having the same problem.   Hopefully, Bose is now aware of the pervasiveness of the problem and will patch the firmware promptly.  

stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

This firmware update has also rendered my whole Bose kit useless now ;( yet again Bose... **bleep**!!!

Whatever post I look at here people are having issues with this version

Atlantis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 26, 2016

I have exactly the same issue after the update to 5.0.12. HDMI CEC broken, no sound from the TV anymore.

I had to do a factory reset to get everything working again for only one day. The day after it was broken again.

I never had any issues with the sound before the update.

Also I had to re-configure the remote again in the Bose app to control the TV. 

I have a LG OLED55C8, Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700. The Soundbar 700 is connected via HDMI-Arc to the TV.

Also another thing worth to mention is that the Adaptiq room calibration should be stored in your account/profile. After a factory reset the Adaptiq room calibration can be loaded from your account into the Soundbar 700. Currently it is very annoying to re-do the Adaptiq room calibration after a factory reset. Everytime I have to remove the Soundbar from the wall to plug the microphone in the back of the Soundbar 700.

Please fix the HDMI-CEC issues ASAP, because this is very annoying. Or please let me know how I can get back to the previous firmware.