Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

Hi All, 

Thank you for following this up!

I have marked this post so as the team will be able to view this issue and look into it. 

If anybody else is experiencing the same issue following the update, please chime in here. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

TzuYuan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi All, 

Thank you for following this up!

I have marked this post so as the team will be able to view this issue and look into it. 

If anybody else is experiencing the same issue following the update, please chime in here. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Hi,

Same problem. I’m using soundbar 700 more than 6 months, it was all good until this update, now every 2-3 hours I have to reset soundbar again, hope it can be fixed soon...

thank you Bose

prsaxena
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

I’m experiencing similar issue. I have soundbar 700 and Sony A9G model connected through eArc. I have to hard reset every day and everytime I switch off/on my TV. Please release a patch at the earliest, cant continue to hard reset forever. 

SplashChris
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar No sound via ARC connector from TV

Hello Jeff. Thank you for the quick response. My TV is a 49" Sony Bravia, model KD49X720E. Bravia sync is enabled which is Sony's version of CEC and speakers are set to External. I did triple verify that I have the soundbar ARC OUT hdmi connected to the TV's ARC In.

Highlighted
vari
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Soundbar-700-firmware-version-5-0-12-issues/m-p/232386#M767...

I recommend you to read this topic. 

There are lots of cases. They have all same problems like me.

betancd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

I'm having the exact same issue also. I am in the middle of a manual firmware update, hope it helps. It seems the problem only happens once a day and the only fix I have found so far is take out power cables from TV and sound bar (700), reinsert, then disable / reenable HDMI-CEC settings in the TV. This is a very annoying bug. Here is my hardware info if it helps.

Bose Soundbar 700 w/subwoofer firmware 5.0.12-7158+9376780

LG 65SSK9000PUA firmware 05.10.10

I just did the reboot from the firmware update so I will check back in around 24 hours to update if this helped or not. 

betancd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Yes, I am also having this issue. Here is the post I put into a different thread on the same issue describing my experience. 

"

I'm having the exact same issue also. I am in the middle of a manual firmware update, hope it helps. It seems the problem only happens once a day and the only fix I have found so far is take out power cables from TV and sound bar (700), reinsert, then disable / reenable HDMI-CEC settings in the TV. This is a very annoying bug. Here is my hardware info if it helps.

Bose Soundbar 700 w/subwoofer firmware 5.0.12-7158+9376780

LG 65SSK9000PUA firmware 05.10.10

I just did the reboot from the firmware update so I will check back in around 24 hours to update if this helped or not. "

Dan

Leehallett
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Bose soundbar 700 no sound

The past couple of days my bose  soundbar 700 does not play any audio on the tv with either Foxtel or DVD player.  It works with Bluetooth audio.  Every time  I turn the tv on I need to unplug the sound bar and plug it back in for it to work.  This is not what I signed up for and I can see that other people are having the same issue.  What is the solution?

Hello Community, 

We thank you for providing us with your experiences, we're very sorry to hear that HDMI ARC has appeared to be an issue with your setup. 

One thing that I would suggest is to also contact Samsung in regards to any updates for your TV itself. Although this has not proved to resolve all cases, I would recommend in giving this a go and letting us know how you get on after an update is performed on your TV. 

We look forward to hearing from you, and do keep updating us on your experiences. 

Warm Regards,

Tegan M 

swyberAU
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Hi Tegan,

thanks fkr for the additional suggestion, this is not only happening on Samsung TV’s, at the moment we have reported this Happening across LG, Sony, and Samsung devices. It has only occurred after a recent Bose update, and seems to me like it has been caused by that update. 

Has this been been raised with the engineering team who can address this?