Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

same issue with my Soundbar 700 and a Sony TV on ARC.

Everything has been working fine for the past 4-6 months. However starting today, I am not able to get any sound over TV. After 5-10 mins of silence, the TV will report an issue with the external sound system and switch back to the TV speakers.

It started on SAT. I remember friday (23 aug) no such issue. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

I have the Soundbar 700 setup with a Samsung TV. For the first time in 4 months, everything is working great! I'm sorry to hear others are having issues. I dealt with these reported issues for 4 months! it is so aggrevating! It seems that Bose may have fixed issues with Samsung TVs and caused issues with Sony/LG. This is just a hunch. Any othe Samsung TV owners having great success with the new firmware update? Only sharing my experience so hopefully Bose doesn't screw my stuff up again while fixing the new problems they created. BOSE- Please give us the option to opt-out of automatic firmware updates! i don't want anything to change from this point. No new feature is worth sacrificing the basic functionality for months. This has been a rollercoaster of problems with these firmware updates.  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

Hi,

The same happens here on my soundbar 700 in Italy firmware 5.10.xxx starting from the 23th of August.

HDMI ARC doens't work anymore.

Bose could you please support all of us sharing the updated firmware as soon as possible?

Now soundbar on tv is totally useless. plug off my soundbar more than 2 or 3 time for day from the wall is not reasonable ...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2014

Considering how widespread and catastrophic this issue is, why has Bose been completely silent on the issue?

Has anyone received response from technical support? I still have not gotten any reply from the local tech support email.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

Bose ... Wakeup from silence please ... People are waiting your support ...

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I have always had problems with audio cutting out but since this past weekend I have had to completely unplug everything and re connect for it to work every time I want to use it. 

LG C8 latest firmware

Highlighted

Hi all, 

Thank you for posting into this thread and I am sorry that there has yet to be a response from a moderator. 

A duplicate thread was started HERE and there are active responses. Therefore, we would appreciate if you could head over to this thread and complete all of the troubleshooting steps recommended. Particularly the HDMI handshake reset recommended by moderator @Tegan_M on page 3. Please contribute to the discussion with your experience and we will be sure to assist all members of the community. 

Thank you for understanding!

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.