beanjy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

Just adding to help clarify any suggestion this is a specific TV manufacturer issue; same experience as various others here - soundbar updates firmware, no more sound via HDMI ARC.

The TV is a Leeco Super 4 X55, using with an Apple TV.

Power cycling the soundbar (everything else left on) got sound working again via HDMI ARC. 

Highlighted
Techie Pete
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

I have the same issues.  My TV now hates the Bose soundbar and so does my wife.  When can I get my investment back and switch to something that works long term.  Why can't I opt out of the buggy software updates that cause me to spend my down time trying to calm my wife down from not being able to use our TV.  Bose is getting a bad name with this poor quality.  Fix it!

Michael.labarbera
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Arc Issue

I have my LG tv connected to my 700 Soundbar and things were working fine until the other day.  Now I’m not getting any sound.  The soundbar play music and will connect to the tv via Bluetooth both when I switch the audio out to hdmi arc.  I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting everything and still nothing.  Any ideas?

Rwboilini
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Okay. I took your "canned" suggestion and to no surprise it worked until I turned the Sony set off and restarted it minutes later. Quit blaming the TV and us BUYERS and hire some competent firmware engineers. 

Bose needs to have a Class Action lawsuit filed for you're misdeeds. I'd throw my entire 700 series setup out if I didn't have $2000 invested in it.

GET THIS FIXED NOW!! 

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

So it is ovbious to everyone but BOSE that firmware 5.0.12 has broken completely HDMI/ARC on Sony and LG TVs ?

There is evidence accross this forum and several threads from customers. I have sent several emails to the support team with logs, and yet no acknoledgement / answer from BOSE and we are asked to contact the TV manufacturer for a firmware update ? What kind of joke is that ? 

Asking us to go through some vodoo procedure to try to get some sound out if this $2000 sound system, is already furstrating, but asking us to get a firmware update from Sony and LG is simply outrageous and infurating !

So @bose to get the facts straights:

- Firmware 5.0.12 update has broken HDMI/ARC for Sony and LG TV (This was working fine with 4.0.11).

- The only way to get some sound out of the soundbar now is to connect it through optical cable (Asking us to do anything else is a waste of time)

and finally:

- WE NEED AN UPDATED FIRMWARE FROM BOSE TO FIX YOUR MESS - This is not an issue with Sony or LG, this is an issue with YOUR PRODUCT.

So now can we have an acknowledgement that this issue is being looked at by BOSE engineering team, and a target date for this fix to be available !

So quality and issues with this supposedly high end soundbar are UNACCPETABLE.

So can someone in BOSE not only take ownership is this mess, but also step-up to communicate to US FRUSTRATED CUSTOMERS who paid for a non working product !

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

@ThierryB Please add Samsung TV to your list above......the perennial sufferer of HDMI ARC problem from before the latest update....

The problem is now evident across all major tv brands.... ssome customers are having to return their amazing soundbar due to solid red light flashing up...Bose instead of us genuinely needs to talk to the engineering teams of these TV companies to understand how HDMI works...

@bose please release a firmware update urgently before TV/sb 700 HDMI (ARC) ports are completely ruined from plugging and unplugging the hdmi cable....

Goran65
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

I have a Philips TV and Soundbar 700.

The HDMI/ARC works but sometimes I have to change HDMI input on my TV to get sound.

But the HDMI/CEC is now very slow and laggy.

All this started with this firmware update.

/Goran

TzuYuan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

I followed the suggestionand its the same...soundbar 700 & my tv only work together for couple hoursand next time I turn on my tv need to reset soundbar again and turn on my tv reset soundbar again...

I also called Bose support in my countryand the guy told me if this firmware update makes it happenthen you shouldnt update

KimandJohan
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

This causes problems for me also.

If I am lucky, pulling the power cable and adding it back solves it. But I have to do each time it starts from standby.

I have had problems with the last two firmware upgrades.
Feels like a issue in the development process and test. A tip is to start working Agile:)

Atlantis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 26, 2016

I have exactly the same issue after the update to 5.0.12. HDMI CEC broken, no sound from the TV anymore.

I had to do a factory reset to get everything working again for only one day. The day after it was broken again.

I never had any issues with the sound before the update.

Also I had to re-configure the remote again in the Bose app to control the TV. 

I have a LG OLED55C8, Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700. The Soundbar 700 is connected via HDMI-Arc to the TV.

Also another thing worth to mention is that the Adaptiq room calibration should be stored in your account/profile. After a factory reset the Adaptiq room calibration can be loaded from your account into the Soundbar 700. Currently it is very annoying to re-do the Adaptiq room calibration after a factory reset. Everytime I have to remove the Soundbar from the wall to plug the microphone in the back of the Soundbar 700.

Please fix the HDMI-CEC issues ASAP, because this is very annoying. Or please let me know how I can get back to the previous firmware.