TonyAU
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

@bose just a reminder since you closed my earlier post. 

I have 3 issues since your forced firmware update. 

1. HDMI ARC is broken. Sony TV and never an issue before on my Soundtouch 300 but my new soundbar 700 doesn’t work.

2. Internet radio via TuneIn drops out, the drop out can last 30 seconds up to several minutes. Could be related to the ARC situation but with your deafening silence on this whole matter, who knows. 

3. Dolby digital audio has improved with this firmware release but I have encountered small drops still, not as bad though. 

I’ve emailed logs to you, I’ve provided some trouble shooting information and you haven’t had the decency to reply to  acknowledge my email. 

Your product manager a few years ago hosted a chat session on this forum and promised the world especially when it came to better communication. You continue to fail in all aspects of customer service. 

Techie Pete
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

I put my old $100 Vizio soundbar in my $2,000 Bose 700 KIT'S place so we could just watch TV.  Next time this is fixed I'm blocking my 700's internet access.

@TonyAU wrote:

@bose just a reminder since you closed my earlier post. 

I have 3 issues since your forced firmware update. 

1. HDMI ARC is broken. Sony TV and never an issue before on my Soundtouch 300 but my new soundbar 700 doesn’t work.

2. Internet radio via TuneIn drops out, the drop out can last 30 seconds up to several minutes. Could be related to the ARC situation but with your deafening silence on this whole matter, who knows. 

3. Dolby digital audio has improved with this firmware release but I have encountered small drops still, not as bad though. 

I’ve emailed logs to you, I’ve provided some trouble shooting information and you haven’t had the decency to reply to  acknowledge my email. 

Your product manager a few years ago hosted a chat session on this forum and promised the world especially when it came to better communication. You continue to fail in all aspects of customer service. 

SteveMo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Just to add I’m also getting this issue on my SB 700 using the LG OLED 55 B8.

Managed to contact support earlier who said the following:

”So the issue you are currently experiencing is currently being investigated by our software team. We have not been provided any timescales regarding a fix.”

Then I got the reset instructions and to adjust HDMI-CEC. After that was switch to Optical.

So not much help there then. 

Jay608
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I’m in the same boat as everyone here. Just a week ago I purchased the soundbar 700, base module, and surround speakers for my LG C9 and suddenly I am getting no sound. After troubleshooting with hard resets and pulling the power cord the sound at will suddenly start working again but when I leave it overnight and wake up in the morning I have to go through the process all over again becaause there is no sound coming out. Luckily I’m within the return period so if I there’s not a solution before my return period ends a few days from now it will be going back!

Michael.labarbera
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Re: Arc Issue

How do we know if anyone from Bose responds to these threads?

Mojoe793
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

They are the ones who blame TV manufacturers, tell us to use optical cable and unplug everything. 

My routine ine for LG tv is now turn on tv and soundbar, unplug and plug back in soundbar, switch input to hdmi2 (arc input soundbar is connected to), switch input back to hdmi1...and sound. But this has to be done every time turn on tv. 

Highlighted
nadd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2014

Bose,

It has been a week since a large customer base has lost basic functionality of their soundbar, surely this calls for an immediate rollback of the software until you sort it out??

I also see there is a way to manually update the soundbar software. Can you please make the previous software version downloadable???

https://www.bose.sg/en_sg/support/article/updating-your-soundbar-700.html

RoadkillBC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Add another victim to the long list.  This is absolutely ridiculous, especially from a company like Bose who demands a premium price for their products.  I paid the extra $$ because of the sound, but it’s not worth the aggravation when they won’t even take ownership of the problem.  People normally get what they pay for but that’s no longer true with Bose. 

Apex Ditrick
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

No issue with optical cable. But the HDMI ARC is still having issue. 

Sony TV (KDL-48R470B Firmware: V1.025) and

Bose Soundbar 700 with Firmware 5.0.12-7158+9376780 

I hope your software bose Soundbar 700 firmware it not outsource to a website developer. We should have the function to roll back the firmware to last known good version via your App. 

After this is been fixed, i am going to block your bose.com domain from my router so that the sound bar stopped getting firmware update and treat this SMART HOME speaker as a $50 XXX brand soundbar which does nothing but play music from the TV.  

Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Yet another dud firmware update

Ok, Came here and im alone as I see several other posts about these issues

Im assuming you have pushed out a firmware update in the last couple of days and its broken things again (ala QC35ii ANC issue) 

1 - Last few times im turnng the TV on and the sound is not picking up on the soundbar (ARC) and only playing through TV

2 - The remote has stopped working, it turns on/off and thats it, no sound or home options or up, down,left right buttons etc

I havent changed anything so im assuming you have broken it with a firmware update (Bose 700) got the Bose Music app update today too so not sure which one stuffed things but as ive had issues last couple, im assuning its a firmware issue not app

Tried resetting and re-pairing the remote, tried unplugging power and no joy

Come On Bose, this is becoming too regular....Who the hell is testing your products? [Moderater by Moderator]