Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

I believe Samsung TV (ARC) issue has been resolved through this update.....but sadly HDMI (ARC) issue with LG/Sony has started......do we have any samsung tv users facing the HDMI (ARC) issue? 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 looses TV sound via ARC HDMI

Hi, I just bought a Soundbar 700 - 10 days back with 700 subwoofer expecting to be wowed in all department but after setting it up last week I am having issues already :(.. I have a Sony Bravia 65 inch LED LCD - model KD65x7500D that I connect to my Bose Soundbar via Bose provided high speed HDMI using ARC labelled HDMI port from TV to ARC PORT in speaker. The TV sound is routed to Soundbar fine as long as this is the ONLY HDMI connected to the TV and it works fine & is stable. But the moment I plug in other HDMI to my TV For my xBox or Foxtel setbox the sound from TV stops coming via Soundbar after 15-20 seconds and TV soeakers take over . After 10-20 seconds suddenly Soundbar works again and TV sounds come via Soundbar Only to stop after sometime. 

I have tried all tricks that I can think of hardbooting my TV trying to wipe TV HDMI memory and restarting both of them again and agajn but the same problem. Any ideas ???

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 looses TV sound via ARC HDMI

The answer is easy and is all over the forum.

Bose broke completely HDMI/ARC support with most TVs (again) with the last firmware update.

your only option is to use an optical cable until they decide to release the next firmware and we’ll have to see what they break next.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Please fix this Bose. I have an LG tv. Please roll back your firmware. It's very annoying having to unplug the power every day. 

@Raiden wrote:

I believe Samsung TV (ARC) issue has been resolved through this update.....but sadly HDMI (ARC) issue with LG/Sony has started......do we have any samsung tv users facing the HDMI (ARC) issue? 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

@Raiden ,

Yes, I am a Samsung user and the new update (5.0.12) has totally resolved all issues I have had for the past 6 months. I tried to comment on each thread about the success I have had. I fear that when BOSE tries to fix the new bugs they created, they will break my stuff again. I hate seeing all the Sony/LG owners experiencing these issues. I have been through all of this and I feel your pain and frustration. I purchased my 700 system in February. First two months were great. Then an update caused me to lose all functionality on the Bose Universal Remote to all my connected devices. And THEN the ARC issue!!!!! I had the Arc issue and non-functioning remote for ~6 months. I nearly wore through my wood floor from pulling the TV stand out from the wall to unplug everything. I just assumed this was going to be the way it is. But then this new update came through. I re-programmed the remote to my devices, and suddenly everything worked beautifully. I have not had an issue whatsoever. I guess the moral of the story is, Bose really sucks....... They have no decency to to communicate to their faithful customers...... And, I guess they can surprise you when you least expect it (but don't expect it). Good luck everybody.    

I hope Bose gets this resolved for everyone else. We all deserve to have a properly working system 

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

I am also just recently experienceing the same problem. No sound from soundbar after its been off for a while, unplugging and plugging  n fixes it but only temporarily.  Any solutions or when will it be fixed with new firmware??

LG OLED65E8PUA

FW- 5.0.12-7158+9376780

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Based on the Samsung owners comments it could be 6 months. That is how long it took to resolve the issue with Samsung TVs only to break Sony and LG. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

On behalf of all LG tv owners, thank you.  I hope a Bose employee is monitoring this thread.  You can't fix one item and create problems for others.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I too am a Samsung user but the firmware 5.0.12 didn't fix my problem

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

@Luha27 ,

What issues are you still experiencing? I might add that I needed to remove all the devices (TV, Xbox, Apple TV) from the universal remote via the Bose Music app. Once removed, I closed the app and cycled power on the soundbar (just to get a fresh start). I then added the TV, Xbox, and Apple TV device back into the remote configuration via the Bose Music app. And then everything has worked fine. I'll also add that imediately after the update nothing would work. I thought the update 'bricked' everything at first. That is what caused me to reconfigure the remote. To my surprise, the reconfiguring fixed the issue. 

Just for reference:

Bose Soundbar 700 w/ Bass Module 700 and Wireless Surround Speakers (not 700's)

Samsung TV: UN55JU6400