werdna_C
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

oh yes here we go again. 

the BOSE software team are again brining us firmeware with utterly useless additions for Alexa and Google home... which ive never used and will never use. with the ammout of these updates you do wonder whats the point.

Before any of the mod's ask me to... plug it out, plug it in... delete the TV in the app... and reinstall... dont bother. 

This didnt solve the problem. In fact it confirmed the Soundbar as the issue. As when you go through the process of adding the TV, you are supposed to go through a few different TV settings .... and the TV is supposed to turn off via ARC as confirmation... but no, ARC not working correctly as the TV never turned off. 

LG OLED55 TV... on latest firmware. BOSE 700 + sub and surrounds.

only thing that solves is power reset of the soundbar. 

So yes ARC issue confirm... please roll out new firmware, or roll-back!

Blackdevil77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

Once this issue is resolved, is it possible to disable automatic firmware updates? I just want the thing to work with my TV, I don’t care about every little latest and greatest update. It’s all useless with no sound. Right now the soundbar belongs on the island of misfit toys. A soundbar that makes no sound 😕

Redman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Have a LG OLED55B8PCA and Soundbar 700. Both of them have been working together without problems until few days ago.

Had the same issue as all of us here. Tried reset, reinstall apps, remove and replug in but none of those work. The TV turned on itself without sound (of course the soundbar not working) in the middle of the night. 

This is is so annoying. Bose please getting this fixed ASAP. 

Sallyng
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

I having same problem with my soundbar 700. I am using LG oled. No sound coming from soundbar. Off main switch of both TV & soundbar, sound out from soundbar after few tries. But next day same problem of no sound again

Sallyng
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Having same issue with my LG Oled & soundbar 700. Unplugged main switch of both only solve the problem temporarily. The next day same problem appear

ThierryB
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Andy_B How about an update from BOSE ? It's been 10 days since BOSE pushed a firmware update which broke most of our soundbars, are we entitled to an update ? Still complete silence from BOSE after 10 days.... The quality of the software released in your product is poor, but the communication is not better to be honest.

Maybe we could have an official statement from BOSE now, and a target date for the resolution of this issue ?

Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar No sound via ARC connector from TV

Ive been battling with this all day, Not sure if co-incidence but I managed to get this working by doing the following 

1 - Remove all devices from the Universal remote through the App and delete the remote

2 - Cleared the pairing list on the remote (press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.)

3 - Reset the TV (Samsung UA55MU7000) through settings on the TV

4  - Factory reset the Bose 700 Soundbar (Press and hold the Power and Skip forward button for 5 secs)  

5 - Go through and set up the Bose Soundbar again including AdatpIQ and re adding Sub Woofer and universal remote 

Alot of mucking around I know but if you are like me and had no sound at all (even after unplugging/replugging) in HDMI or optical cables)...........I had nothing to lose and it worked for me 

ThierryB
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Gooner21 wrote:

Ive been battling with this all day, Not sure if co-incidence but I managed to get this working by doing the following 

1 - Remove all devices from the Universal remote through the App and delete the remote

2 - Cleared the pairing list on the remote (press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.)

3 - Reset the TV (Samsung UA55MU7000) through settings on the TV

4  - Factory reset the Bose 700 Soundbar (Press and hold the Power and Skip forward button for 5 secs)  

5 - Go through and set up the Bose Soundbar again including AdatpIQ and re adding Sub Woofer and universal remote 

Alot of mucking around I know but if you are like me and had no sound at all (even after unplugging/replugging) in HDMI or optical cables)...........I had nothing to lose and it worked for me 

It will work for some time and it is likely to lose the handshake again - I did the same with my LG TV, it was working at the beginning but problem came back (Unless you are lucky enough to be in the group of the Samsung TV which are working now...)

Highlighted
Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

It will work for some time and it is likely to lose the handshake again - I did the same with my LG TV, it was working at the beginning but problem came back (Unless you are lucky enough to be in the group of the Samsung TV which are working now...)

Fingers crossed then ......Ive turned it off/on about 4 times since the above and still going ok...... Wish we could block Firmware updates until we want to install them, My QC35ii's were killed by the Noice cancelling issue (check out the thread in the forum, its up to about 50k views!!, Mine had to be replaced 

SteveMo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Contacted support again today...

The guy actually said he would contact the social media and community moderation team and ask them to post something about this issue. Even he agreed there should be some communication from Bose about this widespread issue.

I also asked them to make the firmware updates optional. He agreed it was a good idea and said he would raise that with the implementation team.

Maybe something happens. Maybe nothing, but I tried!