Andrzej K.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

It's probably just me, but try what I've done. 

It's still working on my end and its 2 or 3 days on and multiple switch off and on cycles.

l0giC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Here is how I resolved it:

TV: LG - OLED65B6P

1. Removed the soundbar from the Bose app on my phone.
  2. Factory reset the soundbar: https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/restoring-factory-defaults-soundbar700.html
  3. Turned on the soundbar using the Bose remote.
  4. Added the soundbar in the Bose app on my phone, and went through the setup process.
  5. Turned on the TV, opened the "Device Connector" application, and setup the Universal Control for the soundbar as a Home Theater.
    1. Make sure you cycle through the options to ensure thta LG Magic Remote to powers the device.
  6. Turn off the TV with your LG remote, and turn it on with the LG remote, and it should work now.

I think bottom line is to do a factory reset on the soundbar, and then make sure your TV remote turns on the soundbar along with the TV. 

Good Luck!

krut201
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Mostly everyone on the forum are not having a problem getting it to work by merely unplug and plugging the soundbar, but the issue is it doesnt stay that way after tv has been off for a while, say overnite. This has been occurring since FW update 5.0.12.

chris4prez
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2019

@Andrzej K. - unfortuntly this did not work for me.  I have tried everythign in this forum thus far including all items asked by Tegan and full factory reset.  So far the workaround of hard powering everything off and on is the only way I can get CEC control to work as it quits working after each time I turn the TV off. 

I'm doubting we will hear much out of BOSE this weekeng being a holiday weekend in US, but I really hope they sort this out quickly.  On a positive note they did reach out to me and ask for some log files from my 2 setups, so at least someone must be starting to look at this.

Andrzej K.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Ok, so I can confirm what someone mentioned before as well - my way fixed it for like 3 days or so with multiple cycles of switching off and on. 

But it again failed just few minutes ago - I came back home and wanted to watch some YouTube, but nope- no sound from 700.

So yeah - I just did the same steps again. 

So I guess I'll have another few days of leaving without problem and then again the same. 

Bose for now only asked me for my TV firmware version. Nothing more, but they told me that their tech team is looking into this with urgency. 

Whatever that means is Bose's language. 

But at least they are aware as we see and working on the fix. 

I hope it will be sooner than later. 

Red1TGuy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Yeah I've experienced similar issues, but not exactly the same.

Setup:

SONY 65X9500G + Bose soundbar 700 + bass module, HDMI thru ARC

Facts:

1. Turning up/down volume with Bose remote, volume is changed but no display on screen. Using TV remote, all good with a bit of lag though.

2. Everything's fine until recently, if I turn TV & soundbar off (actually standby I think) using Bose remote, then turn on the next day, great chance that there's no display of volume change even if I use TV remote. The only solution is to power cycle TV & soundbar to force restart.

This is quite annoying hope Bose engineers can fix this soon. Apart from this, I'd like to thank you guys for the recent update (I believe there should be one, correct me if I'm wrong) as it fixed my issue that the Bose remote was not working perfectly with my TV. Some keys are incorrectly mapped. Now it's all good, making Bose remote the only thing I need whenever I'm in my rumpus room.

quietman60
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

The HDMI Arc port did not work on my Samsung TV.

Had to use the optical wire.

Highlighted
Terry Boosio
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Now somehow I found a workaround for the TV but the sound bar appears to be shut down and offline. I can hear the TV but I cannot connect any other source and it doesn’t even show on the app.

I don’t know how long this will work on top of that

This is the most frustrating situation I ever had with a piece of electronics. My problem is that I bought the woofer and the bar from two different places and they are past the return time.

re-selling a piece of junk is not something I want to do either. It doesn’t seem fair.

certainly the last money Bose gets from me, so happy I bought my headphones from another manufacturer. I cannot believe it’s been two weeks and They didn’t even post a flipping link to download the previous flipping version of the flipping firmware

User25a8
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

So basically you paid top dollar for a Ferrari and now your okay  with not using the sport mode. 

I'm 100% positive that you are a bose employee. Your company should do the right thing and hire competent programmers to perform a proper update so that people get what they paid for. That or give us refunds. 

Blackdevil77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

Came to see if there were any updates. Getting a bit ridiculous that I still can't use my 2 thousand dollar soundbar set up because of a sabotaging firmware update that snuck up in the middle of the night. I'm starting to think this firmware update might of damaged the physical hardware. Why else would it possibly take so long to put out a fix?