Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

No good for me. Factory reset no good with my 700 and LG tv. I also tried to manually update the firmware as per my last post, no change.

I ultimatly just switched to optical until this is resolved. I'll suffer using two remotes like a caveman for the time being. I really hope they update this firmware to fix the issue soon.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Just incase you think they are working hard to solve this, this is their response from one of their higher ups.

There are no manual updates to fix a mistake they themselves have made. 

[Moderator Edit]

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Need to be very clear here to BOSE

ARC is a mess after the last firmware update

I have the TOP of the line LG OLED C9 display, one of the best TV's of 2019 and I cant even turn it off/on with my AppleTV4K unit.

It was working PERFECTLY FINE for the past two months. I could turn the TV and soundbar on with my AppleTV4K without issue. Now, I cant turn the BOSE 700 on, and I can no longer control the volume on either my LG TV remote or AppleTV4K remote. I use HDMI and have HDMI 2.1 Specification Cables (from Apple). I have top of the range gear here and Ive invested in your BOSE 700 Subwoofer and rear speakers, and its no longer functioning as intended.

The above all works when I fresh restart the power to the BOSE 700. However, as soon as the unit sleeps, I lose ARC connectivity upon turning on the device with the TV and AppleTV4K.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. FIX YOUR PRODUCT or ill be pursing this further.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

I am facing the same issue as everyone is reporting. I have an LG 65OLEDC9 with the soundbar 700 and a subwoofer. I have to unplug and plug in the power everytime I turn on the TV to be able to get any sound. It is quite inconvenient. This was not the case 2 weeks ago. Bose please fix this issue. I am on the brink of returning this product and moving onto sonos.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Hi All,

First off I want to say: I'm feeling all your pain ...

Got the Soundbar 700 on June this year.  Connected with SONY Bravia 40EX710 TV.  The Soundbar worked all good til about late August.  Sound no longer played from Soundbar but reverted to TV speaker.  Need to "reset" Soundbar by unplugged from power source, plugged in power source, reconnected to TV to play sound form Soundbar.  But as soon as TV was turned off, connection lost.  It mean that I had to unplug Soundbar and reconnect TV everytime.  It is so frustrting that right now I just unplug the Soundbar 700 from TV.

Reading throught the thread of posts, I gathered this happened after the last firmware update.  Hope that BOSE is going to resovle the this issue ASAP. 

Cheers and have a good day!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Same here. I have an LG 65 Oled C7 and can no longer use my Bose 700 soundbar.

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

having the same issue. sound bar keeps not allowing TV audio.

LG model OLED 65C8PUA. running LG software 05.10.03

was working fine before, last week. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Have you guys tried doing a factory reset? Also remove it from app on the phone. It has permanently resolved my issue.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/restoring-factory-defaults-soundbar700.html

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

have you used it for more than 1 to 2 days after you did the whole reset thing? trying to see how long that lasts. thanks

@l0giC wrote:

Have you guys tried doing a factory reset? Also remove it from app on the phone. It has permanently resolved my issue.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/restoring-factory-defaults-soundbar700.html

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Michael333 wrote:

have you used it for more than 1 to 2 days after you did the whole reset thing? trying to see how long that lasts. thanks

@l0giC wrote:

Factory reset doesn’t do anything more than just powering off everything and on again to redo the handshake.

Eventually the sound will go away. I have tried already.

We just need a firmware update. In the meantime don’t waste your time and use an optical cable...