l0giC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

It has been working as before for 3 to 4 days now withing any hiccups. The link posted along with removing it from your Bose phone app causes it to reset to original settings and I had to setup the device again including voice assistant and internet etc.

Blackdevil77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

That fix didn’t stick around for me. Worked for a couple of cycles where there were short spans between the tv being on and off. After a day or two of not being used, same problem. 

Krish15
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Hello Mike,

Did you get any solution for this issue me too facing this problem and bose has put water on my hopes hdmi not working with opticla cables it works on and off but delvering required output, Bose remote is not working properly, My Lg tv connected to bose sound bar 700 through optical then tv remote does not respond to reduce and increase the volume lot of bugs in just 15 days all things got changed. Did bose provided any solution ?

Coolmike94
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Hi mate no not really still waiting on a firmaware update fix my solution which is working for is as follows turn everything on you want to use if no sound unplug sound bar and wait 30 secs then plug back in then it should come back I have to keep doing that if sound doesn’t comeback no way am I using an optical lead when everything is connected through ARC hope this helps 

Andrzej K.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Hi Guys,

I have another thing that I have done, which is surprisingly working so far for like few days now. For sure it is working the longest I have tried.

What I did this time is all what I did previously, but I have not configured Bose remote.

I have not added TV via app or anything else. I left it empty in terms of devices. I only control speakers audio settings (I have rear speakers set far from the TV, so I had to crank them up a little bit and now they sound perfect) and AdaptiQ (I have it on).

I am now using LG's remote only and under CEC settings on my TV I have the "Auto power sync" feature enabled, which what it does is putting all devices connected to the TV via HDMI on standby when I put the TV on standby/switch it off.

This works good for now, because where I think the issue is, is with that Bose remote sync or CEC in general when controlling it via that remote. At least on my TV it is. I tend to see it more now when I am using LG's remote. Like, when I was using Bose remote in app like youtube for example, I sometimes got sound when moving through menu and sometimes not. With LG's remote I am constantly getting sound effect when moving in menu. This is not only in youtube, but in amazon prime, HBO or Netflix as well (cable TV is different story, as this one does not have any special sound effects).

Also, when I was waking up the TV and soundbar with Bose's remote, the soundbar was sometimes flashing the white light like it would be shutting itself down (there is little bit different animation when it is putting itself on stand by compared to waking up) and after that I observe that the sound was out. But when I now turn on everything using LG's remote, it is always giving this short animation of lighting up and not down, which is for switching on I guess.

The only downside of this solution is that for some reason, the IR signal from the LG's remote to the TV for switching it off is also the same one which enables swing feature on my standing fan I have in my living room. This is a bit annoying, but yeah, not as annoying as no sound from soundbar.

With Bose's remote I did not have this issue, because that one is bluetooth and not regular IR.

So I guess that the issue may be with bluetooth protocol.

I am not sure if this will stay as that forever, as it may as well go down tomorrow or still today.

But at least this is working for the longest for me for now. So at least this is something. I recommend trying the same.

Eyeout
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Bose 700 HDMI ARC not working

I have an LG TV and a couple weeks ago I’ve had to unplug my Bose sound bar after the system has been off for awhile in order to get sound.  If this issue is not resolved then I’ll probably stop buying Bose products.  I’ve already been on the line with customer support and I’m setup with the correct PCM settings.  

JJO2019
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Exact same issue here with the the FW 5.0.12 update. No sound when switching on the TV (LG OLED C8) via ARC after it’s been powered off overnight. System was working pretty much flawless before the update (I don’t watch Dolby content so can’t comment on those issues). Get your act together Bose!! I own about 5 Bose products in total but if this sh*t continues then I’m never buying any Bose again. So disappointed. I want to see the following:

* improved Bose Music app with with a dedicated firmware tab with SELF CONTROLE over updates

* an EASY TO FIND webpage with CLEAR INFO on firmware updates (I can’t find it)

* quicker response to update issues

Blackdevil77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

This is getting ridiculous. I would like to use my soundbar again.... Tried all kind of sh....stuff and it still doesn’t stick, including the “fixes” mentioned here. Why is it so hard to fix this? 

Krish15
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Hi Mate followed the same procedure you stated it is not working complete failure from bose on this new upgrade dont know when they will fix this issue

Highlighted
Coolmike94
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Hi guys

quick update with you all I’ve contacted BOSE and I have submitted a log request to them from my device connected to my IP address as well as a ticket to re-roll back the firmware from what I’m aware this is affecting a lot of LG TV users and this should help the engineers more efficiently I’ve spoken to Mark from the UK area great guy