Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

@Coolmike94

my soundbar is hooked up via wifi. is there a way to check firmware version with the app (i'm not home) and will i need a cablle connection to change firmeware, THEN, is there a way to stop automatic firmware updates? 

this is so stupid that it's been 2 weeks. 100's of comments, and no patch/correction/update 

@Coolmike94 wrote:

Hi guys

quick update with you all I’ve contacted BOSE and I have submitted a log request to them from my device connected to my IP address as well as a ticket to re-roll back the firmware from what I’m aware this is affecting a lot of LG TV users and this should help the engineers more efficiently I’ve spoken to Mark from the UK area great guy  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Yes you can check on the app through settings but only when your at home as the app can only pick up your sound bar when your next to it also there is no option to manually roll back the firmware as of yet I’ve told them this, because I’ve told them there has been a lot of requests for it 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Also you can’t stop Automatic updates because in order to setup the sound bar it has to be connected through the app 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Having the same issue as everyone here with my LG TV. At least I know it’s not me, which is encouraging, but the lack of response from Bose is not... Guys it’s not our TVs or our configurations. Acknowledge this and let us know you’re working on it! Oh and work on it please??

@shawnh62 wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. I have a Soundbar 700 and a Samsung UN60ES6100 TV. About 4 months ago I bought and set up the Soundbar. HDMI is connected from Soundbar to the TV’s HDMI2(ARC) port.

Everything has worked great until this last week. Now when I turn the TV and Soundbar on all I get is TV speakers when the volume is turned up. Prior to this week when I would turn the TV volume up it would display anynet volume on the TV. If volume is turned up using the Soundbar remote nothing happens.  Do you guys have any ideas what may have changed?  Nothing has been changed on the TV or Soundbar since the initial setup...

Thanks!

@shawnh62 wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. I have a Soundbar 700 and a Samsung UN60ES6100 TV. About 4 months ago I bought and set up the Soundbar. HDMI is connected from Soundbar to the TV’s HDMI2(ARC) port.

Everything has worked great until this last week. Now when I turn the TV and Soundbar on all I get is TV speakers when the volume is turned up. Prior to this week when I would turn the TV volume up it would display anynet volume on the TV. If volume is turned up using the Soundbar remote nothing happens.  Do you guys have any ideas what may have changed?  Nothing has been changed on the TV or Soundbar since the initial setup...

Thanks!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I texted with cust support and he suggested this. Its worked for all of 15 minutes, so i don't know if it's a permanent fix. 

• Okay kindly try to set the CEC settings to Alternate.

• in the Bose Music app, tap the headphone and speaker icon in the upper-left corner to access the My Bose screen.

• Tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner of the screen.

• Select Settings.

• Scroll down to the Power section then select Advanced CEC.

To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option.

• Alternate: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC operation issues among connected devices

To exit the Settings screen, tap the icon in the upper-left corner twice.

• He then suggested that i unplug the TV and soundbar for 1 min, but it's  hard to reach the plug, so i didn't do that yet. 
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Hi,

I tried the factory reset as mentioned above and it worked for a few hours but the next day it failed again.

The current firmware is broken.

Id like a statement from Bose that confirms they are working to rectify this.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

@Lugnuts They know about it and are working to fix the issue there has been numerous statements from them

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

I've sent the think to this thread to dozens of tech bloggers and reporters.  Hopefully Bose gets some bad press about this.  This is utterly stupid.  They have to have source control.  Roll back!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

andddddd the CEC thing stopped working as of this morning. so got like 12 hours out of it

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Try out my way - I'm having no issues for like 5 days now. 

I hope it will stay this way of course 🙂

I have the advanced cec on in Bose app.