jenneebrooks
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Re: 700 Soundbar

We bought the 700 to replace our 300 that we had to send in to Bose to have fixed because after a year and a month of owning it, it decided to not turn on!  Anyway, got the 700 set up and rolling the first day.  Loved it!  Paired easily with the accessory speakers and acoustimass 300. Wake up the next morning, turn on the tv and the soundbar no longer worked.  No sound!  Checked all tv settings and nothing.  Perused the forum and found that within the last week or two NUMEROUS people have posted about the same issue!!  Unplug everything and reset and see if it works.  Now, lisen here Mr./Mrs. Bose tech guru, I WILL NOT go through this process every time I want to watch tv with my soundbar!  I did not pay $800 for a soundbar to have to do this!!!  Stop telling everyone to unplug and plug it back in when it is clearly a firmware issue with the ARC connection!!!  Fix this issue!!!  I think enough people have complained about this exact issue to warrant a fix on your end!!  Not ours!!! 

Akhran
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

Before FW 5.0.12, my LG TV will turn on automatically when I turn on the Bose soundbar with the Bose remote. With the new FW 5.0.14, the Bose remote no longer turn on the TV automatically. I had tried removing the TV configuration from the Bose app and re-added it (going through the power off, volume change, etc tests).

Any advice please?

Thanks!

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Akhran wrote:

Before FW 5.0.12, my LG TV will turn on automatically when I turn on the Bose soundbar with the Bose remote. With the new FW 5.0.14, the Bose remote no longer turn on the TV automatically. I had tried removing the TV configuration from the Bose app and re-added it (going through the power off, volume change, etc tests).

Any advice please?

Thanks!

DId you try to setup the actual TV model name in the advanced setup with going through the remote setup for the TV ?

Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Oh for God sake.....After factory resetting my TV and remote and soundbar I got the thing working for the last 6 days and what do you go and do.....Push out another Firmware update and &^%$ it up again,,,,,STOP FORCING FIRMWARE UPDATES ON PEOPLE!!!!!!

Now I have to spend hours resetting everything again to get it to work.....Im so over this Bose !! (You killed my QC35ii's Noise Cancellation with an update also....STOP IT !!) 

Terry Boosio
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

The new firmware didn’t help unfortunately, actually I had previously found a workaround but it is not working anymore

my second purchase from Bose, my last one too

Lugnuts
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Hi,

I turned on the TV this morning and the soundbar is working good. I checked the firmware version and it is now 5.0.14.

I only use the TV remote.

TonyAU
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

That’s rather interesting as the release notes mention this most recent firmware release was for another issue. I’ve had notification from Bose they’re still looking into the ARC issue. 

Happy that whatever you’ve done has resolved your particular issue though. 

Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I wonder how many threads we need about this?

Rwboilini
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

I spoke too soon. It worked with my TV remote for three days and then the e-Arc hand shake suddenly disconnected.

After another day of screwing with it, I got the 700 soundbar to work, but the volume can only be adjusted bybuding the Bose app on my phone.

This Firmware would be laughable if I didn't spend $2000 on the three pieces.

Highlighted
Luca_Rabbia
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Re: SB 700 doesn’t sound TV after you turn off and on the tv

From yesterday the sound is coming back. I'm not yet checked the Bose Universal remote, i use the tv one's. PS how can I check the firmware rev?