flickwizard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Re: SB 700 doesn’t sound TV after you turn off and on the tv

Just wanted to provide an update.

First, don’t ask me how, but I got it to work tonight. The SB700 + BM700 sound fantastic. This is why I bought this system. I also re-paired the remote to the TV and got that working as well.

We’ll see what happens once I power off the TV overnight, but for now, it’s working. 

Thanks for the the advice and assistance. 

1068tony
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

soundbar 700 sky Q and Samsung Tv sound issues

Hi

I have my bose soundbar 700 connected to my Samsung UE55HU8200T via HDMI arc slot 4 and my Sky Q connected to the tv via HDMI slot 1(STB) and the Soundbar via Optical cable because I'm informed the Tv does'nt support Dolby pass through, the trouble is every day the soundbar looses connection with the Tv and all I receive is sound from the Tv speakers, I then have to unplug and restart the soundbar and Tv for the Tv to reconnect...... After spending years looking forward to acquiring a Bose setup I've now become so frustrated that I'm thinking of giving up on Bose and selling all the equipment, not only have I had to put up with the fact that I cant enjoy the Sky films in full dolby I'm loosing sound every couple of hours from the soundbar. 

Please if someone can give me any advise as to how to get the best from this setup it would really make my day.

Tony

jimyneutron
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Re: soundbar 700 sky Q and Samsung Tv sound issues

Hello ! I also have the soundbar 700 connected by hdmi arc to my new TV SAMSUNG Q90R the problem is that from bluetooth from my galaxy s10 it sounds powerful, with much punch instead for the arc of tv the sound comes out much lower and with less punch. why is that happening ???

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Same here...music/radio channels (tune in) sounds much louder on SB700 compared when playing movies from Netflix and Youtube app buil in Samsung series 8 tv.....adaptIQ does not help... 😞

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for posting and for your continued patience. 

We have found that some users have had success with the latest firmware that has been released although it was not a firmware aimed at fixing this issue. 

We are continuing to look into this issue and will update the Community as soon as we have more information. 

In the meantime, I would suggest having a look at this video here. 

I am sorry that I do not have more information. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

prsaxena
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Thank you Vicky! Truly appreciate your response. I think most people here were just waiting for someone in Bose to acknowledge the issue and assure us that they are working on it. I must say I’m relieved to hear that the earlier patch 5.0.14 wasnt to address this issue. After installing this patch it started working for some and since bose wasn’t responding, most including me thought that the troubleshooting was over. Glad you acknowledged Bose is still looking into it. Like all Bose fans we will deal with the situation and wait patiently. Please keep the group posted on this thread. 

prsaxena
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Any updates?

bkc1980
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

My bose soundbar 700 stopped working about a week and half back.

I have samsung tv : QN75Q8FNB

Tried everything, but no luck. SOundbar plays stuff if connected through bluetooth, just no sound is played from TV.

OPTICAL ALSO DOES NOT WORK......this is so frustrating....I DO NOT know what else to do...

Need immediate help!!!!!!!!!

Hello @prsaxena

Regrettably, we do not have any further information to report, but I can assure you that this is still with our development team and we are hard at work to achieve a solution. 

Hello @bkc1980

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your TV connected to your Soundbar 700. 

My initial recommendation would be to reset your soundbar. To do this, please remove the power for 30 seconds and then reconnect. 

Are you able to receive audio through the TV speakers?

It is also possible that an automatic update was pushed to your TV. Please reset your TV by removing the power for 30 seconds. Also, please check your sound settings to ensure they are being routed to the Soundbar 700.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
SyXbiT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Every single time I've either called support, or posted on the forum, the reply from Bose employees has been the same "Please spend 10 minutes rebooting everything."

If that doesn't work, "Please spend 30 minutes resetting every device in the house"

um... How about Bose actually fix the root cause.