flickwizard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I dont care about Alexa or even music playing. Bought for home theater usage. 

I called the Bose store where I bought them and they told me I have 30 days to return the items even after setting them

up and using them. Hopefully I’ll be able to make a decision by then (or Bose will have released a firmware update). 

Thanks again. 

prsaxena
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Stick with it. When I purchased the soundbar there was a bug that wont let Alexa work if you connected with LAN instead of Wifi. Eventually that got fixed in a software release. This too would get fixed. We all need to stay patient. For various reasons legal or reputational Bose may not acknowledge but i trust the technical teams are working on it. How often has Apple and Google acknowledged their bugs in ios and android? But they fix it as they find. If i know the software industry well, this will go through development and thorough testing before they release the patch globally and therefore may take some time. Stay patient!

Luca_Rabbia
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Re: SB 700 doesn’t sound TV after you turn off and on the tv

Thanks for reply. 

I saw is not only a my problem. 

Yes is too late to return. 

I’ll try to add optical cable. 

Rwboilini
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

I am not sure what BOSE firmware engineer did, but update 5.01.14 fixed my e-Arc issue on my Sony AF-9 set. 

Arvin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

New firmware update was released, so far so good..

chris4prez
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Same I am seeing 5.0.14 FW on both of my sounbar 700 setups now and just switched inputs multiple times and turned the tv off and on multiple times and CEC control has maintined with no issues.  I'll give it a day burn in to make sure leaving the setup off for a period of time it does not "lose"  CEC control again.  But it's looking promising.

Irish_Viking
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

I'm still on the previous firmware, isn't the soundbar supposed to update on its own?  There's nowhere to check for an update particularly which is kinda ridiculous

Mojoe793
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

New firmware seems to have done the trick. Thanks Bose. 

chris4prez
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2019

I was able to cause once instance of losing CEC control this afternoon after the 5.0.14 FW upgrade where I had to hard power to get CEC control back.  Unfortuntly, I do not know exactlly how I caused it, but I do know I was not doing anything that I did not do prior to the 5.0.12 where everything worked correctly.  Should I figure out the scenario or have more issues I'll report back.

I think it may have been due to changing power states and inputs quickly between devices. i.e. turned on tv and was not in the input I wanted, so changed it quickly only to see I selected wrong input that I wanted so changed it again quickly, then finally decided I really wanted the original input. (all too common scenario if you have WAGs and/or children that can never decide what they want to watch or do, or decide to mash buttons...)

prsaxena
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Unfortunately the new update hasn’t worked for me. After switching on/off the TV, the soundbar eArc connection is indeed maintained but unable to control volume from the TV remote. I still need to use the bose remote to increase/decrease the volume. 

Bose please fix.