Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700 no audio with ARC

TV: Sony KD-55XF9005 (Oreo 8.0, Firmware up to date (6.6545))

Soundbar 700 (Firmware 7.0.10-7792+a61bae4)

Cable: Vivanco 3m High Speed HDMI cable with ethernet & ARC (18Gbps)

No audio.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Soundbar 700 No Sound

Hi all,

I’m currently using the Soundbar 700, surround rear speakers and the bass module 700 with my Sony AG8 TV. 

It’s been stable for the last 8 months other than on one occasion where I did a factory reset on everything. Yesterday I turned it on and no audio was coming out.

It is connected via HDMI ARC. 

I tested another source on the TV other than sky and nothing came out. I played music via the app on my mobile and it worked perfectly. I have unplugged everything and left it off for 10 minutes with still no luck. 

My soundbar firmware is running v7.0.11-7872. 

It would be great if there are some other suggestions. I want to avoid connecting via the optical cable but I saw one old firmware update stopped the soundbar working and solution was to do this.

Thanks all

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

This is a very exciting product. My toddler recently disabled the soundbar's microphone, and the same day ARC audio started working reliably. Airplay, however, stopped working. I love it!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Re: soundbar 700 sky Q and Samsung Tv sound issues

I had similar problems with the device. it is so frustrating to deal with a sound-bar who's only job is to play sound but it fails. I called the customer support and they were happy to ship a new one hope this replacement works as described and at-least plays sound forget about voice assistant feature and other smart features.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

i am having same problem,  

Samsung UN65ks9000

Works with the optical input however i need my optical port on my tv for a hearing impaired device.   
Ive spent a lot of time on this and frankly disappointed with Bose.  I have Many bose products and so this is the most user unfriendly device i have seen in a long time.  Having remote control issues as well as ill post that issue on an appropriate feed.