Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

Soundbar 700 no optical audio

Dear all

i am trying to connect my soundbar to my projector and soundbar so an hdmi goes out from the ps4 to the projector and the soundbar is connected to the ps4 through an optical cable with the output on the ps4 is selected as optical .

With the above setup there is no sound on the soundbar and i do not know how to let the soundbar pick up the optical as a source 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 no optical audio

Hi Amrh, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with sound on your Soundbar 700. I'll do what I can to assist you! 

I would suggest pressing the TV icon on the remote to make sure your soundbar is in the correct source. 

Do you get audio through the other sources? 

Let me know!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

Hi jessie

thank you for the support , bluetooth airplay all are working fine when i press the tv icon nothing happens 

Highlighted

Hello Amrh, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Have you checked the Audio Format (Priority) settings on the PS4 to ensure it is outputting either PCM, Dolby or DTS? You can set the format of audio output from the PS4 by going to Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Audio Format (Priority). The default setting is Linear PCM. Try testing other formats to see if this helps to make a difference. 

I would also recommend checking other media sources to see if the issue occurs when connected to them. This will help determine if the fault is with the PS4 or the Soundbar. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

Hi i have also tried it with an stb and its not working  i have done the below but it doesnt work. Also i noticed that on all the devices the optical cable socket lights up but on the soundbar the optical socket doesnt light up 

i feel the soundbar is not switching to the optical as a source

Highlighted

Hi Amrh,

Thank you for the update.

The soundbar's optical port should not light up because it only receives a signal via the optical cable. The light on the other devices will be the signal they can send from their optical ports.

When you have the optical cable connected to the PS4 or STB, do you see the same light at the end of the cable? It would be worth trying another optical cable with the soundbar, in case this cable is not working correctly.

Do you also have an HDMI cable connected to the soundbar, or just the optical? If you have both connected, when in TV mode this could be confusing the soundbar as to which input to use, so you would want to remove the HDMI cable from the soundbar.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

hi the cable shows the same light tried both the cable that came with the soundbar and another 

the setup is as follows

ps4 connected to projector through hdmi cable , soundbar connected to ps4 through optical cable 

tried the same with stb also nothing

no hdmi is connected to soundbar

Highlighted

Hi Amrh,

Thanks for the extra information.

From the troubleshooting you have tried so far, it does seem like there is something wrong with the optical connection on your soundbar. At this point, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L