DanielF
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700 randomly starting up by itself

Is there a fix for this?

My Soundbar 700 came on a 2:00AM! Scared the hell out of the entire house. Woke our two small children and we thought we had an intruder in the house.

It came on playing our last Spotify playlist.

Any updates from Bose to fix this? We don't want to have unplug the unit every night before bed.

Cheers,

Daniel (Melbourne, AU)

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

@DanielF, the other users in this thread have found their soundbars are being turned on by other devices connected to the soundbar or the TV, so it would be worth seeing if this is the case for you as well. If you have a read through the earlier replies to the thread, they have some advice on settings to look out for that I'm sure you will find helpful!

As yours started playing Spotify when it turned on, it is also worth checking whether anyone in the household was using the Spotify app. On the Spotify app, you can use Spotify Connect to choose which speakers to play audio from. If someone was using the app on their phone and did not realise Spotify Connect was set to the soundbar, rather than their phone, the music would start playing through the soundbar.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Arie
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2015

During 2 months already I tried to solve this issue, tried all of the above! Multiple times.... Still having issues with this. Eliminated everything i could think of. Unconnected all external devices, I’m desperate! 

And what is even worse, technical support in NL is not taking this issue serious. I should buy myself a powerswitch!!! I’ve had it. As huge Bose fan, for many years already, i decided to say good buy to Bose!

markinhifi
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700 switching on randomly

Ever since I've been using the Soundbar 700 with its remote, i've been having trouble with the power on my Samsung UHD TU-8000 TV.

6 out of 10 times, when I press the power button on the remote, the TV will turn off and then somewhere between 10 seconds to 1 minute later (it varies) the TV will turn itself back on again. Then, if I press the power button on the remote once more, it turns off, and stays off.

Today something even more bizarre happened. After the TV had been off for about 14 hours, while nobody was at home, I got a motion detector alert on my phone. I took a look at the video, and it seems that the culprit was the TV turned itself on! Nobody was home, and the TV just magically turned on. The remote was just sitting on the coffee table.

None of these things happened prior to getting the soundbar and using this remote so I have a feeling one of my settings is incorrect, or perhaps not compatible with my TV. Here are the settings I'm currently using.

Power Sync - TV

Optical Auto-Wake - Off

Advanced CEC - On

Standby Timer - Never

Any thoughts?

markinhifi
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

Hmmm, looks like my post was merged with this thread, though my problem is a bit different. My soundbar is turning my TV on. When my soundbar is NOT connected to the TV, my TV stays off when I turn it off. The soundbar is waking the TV for some reason. The only thing connected to the soundbar is the TV, and I live alone.

Jessie_O

Hey Markinhifi, 

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear of these issues, have you tried any troubleshooting steps already?

I would recommend taking a look at the CEC settings on your TV and switching between them to see if this improves your situation. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
markinhifi
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately that did not help, it just disabled my ability to adjust the volume.

Sam_F

Thanks for trying, markinhifi. What other devices do you have connected to your TV? Is there anything that may be turning on during the night to perform a re-sync or update, which may be then causing the soundbar to turn on via CEC?

markinhifi
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

There is nothing connected to my TV except the soundbar. Again, this did not happen prior to owning this soundbar. 

Keith_L
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know that markinhifi!

As you mentioned having the CEC settings on the soundbar set to "On", have you tested with this set to "Alternate" to see if it will still turn the TV on. I know you have tried changing the CEC settings on the TV already, but it would be worth testing the settings on the soundbar too.

Also, as you mentioned using the Bose remote to turn the TV and soundbar off, do you also see the soundbar and TV turn back on if you were to use the Samsung remote to turn the system off? This should still turn off both the TV and soundbar, so it would be useful to know if they both turned back on as well with the Samsung remote.

Let me know how you get on!