Arie
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2015

Re: Soundbar 700 switching on randomly

Been there done it, over 20 times! Same issues here stil after six months. What I do before I go to sleep, switching of the cec in the app, that helps, and i can have a good sleep at least...

and stil in this case, almost every week I have to do the handshake again woth the soundbar... i so much regret this buy..... although the sound it superior!

Jah_Row2810
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2021

Soundbar 700 Turning On At Night

Hi, 

I have recently bought the Soundbar 700 speakers and whilst I am relatively satisfied with the product almost every night between 8pm & 10pm the speakers turn on and play random classical music. I never have my phone in my hand when this happens and my TV remains off. If I open the Bose app there is no music playing. 

i have gone over Bose App settings and everything appears to be in order, there is no timer on my TV and it is always off when the music starts playing. 

please help as I will be taking the speakers back if there is not a solution. 

Bose product name - Soundbar 700

Country - Australia 

Firmware version 10.0.10

HankD
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2021

Re: Soundbar 700 Turning On At Night

I am having the same problem. I'm not getting a solution from Bose. This seems to be a big problem, but Bose doesn't think so and has not been much help.

pnyk67
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

Purchased the Soundbar 700 prior to some home renovations, so didn't install it until about 1-year later.  

Installed the system in February 2021.  I have a Bell satellite receiver (Canada), and a Panasonic (TC-55 FX800).  Sound is great and system worked well at first, then spontaneously the Soundbar (and only the Soundbar) started turning on around 2AM playing music (no singing, just music).  It doesn't happen every night and I'm still trying to figure out if there is some series of events/watching habits, or other similar activities that creates this issue.

I've adjusted my satellite channel guide update to 9AM thinking that maybe this played some part in the Soundbar turning on, but that hasn't resolved this issue.

I've read through this thread and have tried the various suggestions (turning off satellite at the receiver, turning everything off with he Bose remote, etc.), checked my settings on the TV, and just tried adjusting the Optic setting (turning it off) today in the hopes this will rectify the situation.

I'm hopeful that turning the Optical Auto-Wake setting to off will resolve this on-going issue.  It is clearly a BOSE issue that they should be trouble-shooting and correcting as this issue never occurred prior to connecting the Soundbar.

I'll update this post in a few days to see if the Optical Auto-Wake adjustment corrects this issue.  Hopefully BOSE will respond with some useful corrections and/or provide a configuration update that will resolve this known issue.

pnyk67
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

I turned off the Optical Auto-Wake, and also had my son delete his Spotify from the presets and I’ve had no further recurrences in just over a week since following these steps. 

The Spotify things is kind of crazy since part of the point of the sound-bar is to listen to music, so not having it logged-in seems like an issue BOSE needs to resolve. 

Jeff_G

Hi pnyk67, 

Thanks for joining the conversation. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem. 

When the music starts playing in the evening, have you tried opening the Bose Music app to check what source is activated at that point in time? This will help narrow down where the problem exists, thus providing us a good avenue to explore for solving why this has been happening. 

In addition, do you have any voice assistants set up to control the soundbar? If so, which are you using? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MarciaN91
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2021

Re: Soundbar 700 switching on randomly

Hi there, my husband and I are experiencing the exact same issue with our Bose speaker and Samsung TV. Definitely know that the issue is the speaker because if we disconnect it from the TV this doesn't happen. Just curious if you've managed to resolve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Only tip we got from Samsung was to disable Anynet+ which means we wouldn't be able to control both devices with the same remote.