Soundbar 700 remote backlight turned off

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundbar 700 remote backlight turned off

My remote backlight has automatically turned off when you move it. It lights up when pressing buttons but not when you just move the remote. This is a new problem - it used to do this but has stopped working after I changed batteries. Any help on what to do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Hotspur77

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundbar 700 remote backlight turned off

Hi Hotspur77,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem with your Soundbar 700 Remote. Would you be able to try your remote with another set of batteries?

This is certainly an odd issue and I want to double check that the problem persists with another set of batteries.

Get back to me once you have tried this.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Hotspur77,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem with your Soundbar 700 Remote. Would you be able to try your remote with another set of batteries?

This is certainly an odd issue and I want to double check that the problem persists with another set of batteries.

Get back to me once you have tried this.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Thanks for the reply.  I've swapped out the batteries again and it seems to be working again as it should and did.  Strange - the other batteries were brand new as well but a different brand.  Should be OK now I think. Thanks again.