Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 27, 2019

Soundbar 700 remote can't add second device

Have my soundbar for 3 weeks now and wanted to add controle of a dvd player next to that of my cable box.

Unfortunately i cannot see the "add new device botton" on my android phone.
I tried it on an iphone and I do see the botton but it does not react when I press it.
I tried to delete the device and add it again to now avail. Also deleted the remote, reset it and pair it again. When I delete the device I can add the dvd player and it works perfectly but now i cannot add the cable box.

My tv is connected to the soundbar via fibre optic cable. The cable box is HDMI but the dvd player is connected analog to the tv.

I live in Holland. Could this be a max 1 device restriction?

Thank you in advance for your help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 27, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 remote can't add second device

Author Accepted Answer selected by RLibier
Andy,
Tnx for the swift repply.

To clarify the status before mi initial post:
When i go in the Bose music app to settings and to configure, i get the folowing:
Android phone: no "add new device" button
Apple phone and tablet: i get the button but it does not work.

I tried resetting the soundbar by removing power for 60 sec to no avail.
I tried removing the tv, device and paired remote, clearing the remote by pressing vol min and left for 5 sec and repairing the remote (after resetting the soundbar again). Did not work either.

SOLUTION:
What did work was resetting the soundbar to factory settings by holding power button and fwd button for 5 sec and going trough the entire initial setup procedure and adding 2 devices.
Now it works!

The first time I did the setup I only added 1 device and maybe this got stuck in its memmory. Now that I added 2 devices at setup i have the "add new device" button as intended in de fonfigure tap.

Hope this can help others with the same issue!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi RLibier,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues setting up the Universal Remote to control systems in your home and would love to suggest some steps to try and resolve any issues that you're currently experiencing.

As noted in the remote guide for the Soundbar 700 listed HERE, after initially pairing the remote to your Soundbar, select the header "Configure", then "Add a New Device". If you're unable to tap this button, ensure that the Soundbar's remote has first been successfully paired to the soundbar. If the issue persists, attempt uninstalling the application on your iPhone and downloading again to compare for results. 

Multiple devices can be set up to be controlled via the Bose Music application, with the corresponding source button indicated on the top of the Soundbar 700's Universal Remote to denote what device you would like to control at that moment. Have you any alternative devices such as a phone or tablet to install the Bose Music application to, and using your Bose Music account to compare for results? 

Additionally, have you tried resetting the Soundbar 700 by disconnecting it from power for 60 seconds, then reconnecting back to power and attempting to initiate the remote setup process again to compare for results?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 27, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by RLibier
Andy,
Tnx for the swift repply.

To clarify the status before mi initial post:
When i go in the Bose music app to settings and to configure, i get the folowing:
Android phone: no "add new device" button
Apple phone and tablet: i get the button but it does not work.

I tried resetting the soundbar by removing power for 60 sec to no avail.
I tried removing the tv, device and paired remote, clearing the remote by pressing vol min and left for 5 sec and repairing the remote (after resetting the soundbar again). Did not work either.

SOLUTION:
What did work was resetting the soundbar to factory settings by holding power button and fwd button for 5 sec and going trough the entire initial setup procedure and adding 2 devices.
Now it works!

The first time I did the setup I only added 1 device and maybe this got stuck in its memmory. Now that I added 2 devices at setup i have the "add new device" button as intended in de fonfigure tap.

Hope this can help others with the same issue!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi RLibier, 

Thanks for posting and updating us all on this. 

I am very happy to hear that your issue has now been resolved and we appreciate you sharing your fix. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.