Soundbar 700 remote control issue with KD-49XD7005

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Soundbar 700 remote control issue with KD-49XD7005

Hello,

Yesterday I bought the Bose Soundbar 700 (for the first time) without additional devices like the bass module. During the installation, everything worked first except for the included remote control. I will still set up Alexa. The problem: In the Music App, I try to set up the remote control on the individual steps to set up. First, I enter the TV name SONY. Then I am asked to press the on / off button. It works! In the next step I should switch on the TV manually (with the standard remote control of the TV) and test the code display. In the circle are 3 points in something like this: (...) shown. I find no button on the remote control. Am I too stupid for that? In any case, I had to cancel that and tried the advanced setup by typing in the model number as in the subject. After that, it was indicated that the Sony TV was set up with the remote control. The Soundbar is connected to the HDMI ARC Port.

The soundbar is directly in front of the TV, so that if I want to control the TV with the standard remote control, I have to raise a bit to give the signal directly to the TV. But as far as I understand it, with the Bose universal remote control the signal is given to the soundbar and this in turn to the TV, right? So it should work, as the soundbar has direct field of view and only a few inches to the TV. The remote control itself is functional.

What works: That on and off. The TV can be switched off via the power button. In addition, I can switch between TV and music via the corresponding buttons.

What does not work: The complete rest. I can not switch, do not change the input, nothing! So, of course, the remote control makes no sense! Did I do something wrong? Where should the code display be? And how do I get it to control the TV via the supplied universal remote control?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Shover92

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Re: Soundbar 700 remote control issue with KD-49XD7005

Hello,

Solution: The problem was not the remote control or the configuration. I had my soundbar right in front of the TV. However, some cm. were distance (about 5-10cm). Therefore, it surprised me that the problem is probably that the IR signal from the soundbar to the TV did not work. There was nothing in the way and the distance should be normal. I had to go almost half a meter forward (lift in the air, since the TV cabinet has normal depth), then it works perfectly. There was nothing in the way. Well, now I know where the problem was.

However,  I get a setup of Sonos and exchange the Bose. I was (except for the problem with the IR signal) really very satisfied and would have liked to expand the setup, but I will move to another apartment and there fits the Multiroom of Sonos just better. Too bad, if there was a smaller version of the Smart Speaker 500 or the Soundtouch devices would have been compatible, I would have loved to stay with Bose! Maybe next time. 

Best Regards

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Shover92, 

Thanks for your post! You can find the (...) button you are looking for inbetween the Program Down and Skip Forwards button. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Hi Hector,

so you mean this button? Doesn´t seems to me like a (...) button. I am still irritated that the extended setup didn´t work, too. However, I will test the setup tomorrow evening. Big thanks to your fast response.

Best Regards,

Remote.JPG

Hi Shover92, 

Thanks for your fast reply. 

I am referring to the button on your actual TV remote rather than the Soundbar remote.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

Hi Hector,

oh that makes sense.. As mentioned I will try it again tomorrow evening and let you know if it works.

Big Thanks.

Best Regards,

Hi Shover92, 

Thanks for your post. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Hello,

Solution: The problem was not the remote control or the configuration. I had my soundbar right in front of the TV. However, some cm. were distance (about 5-10cm). Therefore, it surprised me that the problem is probably that the IR signal from the soundbar to the TV did not work. There was nothing in the way and the distance should be normal. I had to go almost half a meter forward (lift in the air, since the TV cabinet has normal depth), then it works perfectly. There was nothing in the way. Well, now I know where the problem was.

However,  I get a setup of Sonos and exchange the Bose. I was (except for the problem with the IR signal) really very satisfied and would have liked to expand the setup, but I will move to another apartment and there fits the Multiroom of Sonos just better. Too bad, if there was a smaller version of the Smart Speaker 500 or the Soundtouch devices would have been compatible, I would have loved to stay with Bose! Maybe next time. 

Best Regards