Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Soundbar 700 remote stopped working

Soundbar 700 remote stopped working. 

Tried previously suggested tricks (factory reset, left and volume down button for 5 seconds.... does not do anything), replacing batteries (yes, I know where + and - are). 

The remote is black. When I try to factory reset, after about 2-3 seconds (not 5!) the "power" and "tv" lights are blinking twice. 

When I try to press almost any button, the six source symbols are blinking, but nothing is happening and it does not find the remote in the Bose-App. 

Remote and Soundbar are two months old, newest firmware. Tried reseting the soundbar. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 remote stopped working

Hey DoC_Carter, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I appreciate you testing many different troubleshooting methods so far before posting. 

Can you please let me know if you are having the same issue when using a different device with the Bose Music app? 

Let's also try to manually pair the remote to the Soundbar by:

• Unplug your router to disconnect the soundbar from the Internet
  • On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times.
  • On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed.
  • When the soundbar is disconnected from the Internet, the Action button will not attempt to access a voice assistant.
  • On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar.
  • Plug in your router. It may take a couple of minutes for the router to restart and reconnect all devices to the Internet. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps above. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Remote not working

Soundbar 700 remote just stopped working: 

-changed batteries twice

-powered off on and

-remote won’t light up so can’t use the Bose recommendation to reset

any help would be appreciated. System only 3 months old

Highlighted

Re: Remote not working

Hey Boycee, 

Welcome to the forums! 

I'm sorry to hear this, please can you let me know if you are able to complete the steps in the post above?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!