Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Soundbar 700 setup on new wifi

I moved to a new apartment with a new wifi. The Soundbar 700 (and bass module, and surround speakers) don't appear anymore in my Bose Muisc app. I have tried following but no luck yet:

1. Tried powering off and back on, made no difference.

2. Tried with reinstalled Music app, no luck. The app works fine with my Headphones 700.

3. Tried searching the soundbar in Bose Music app with and without HDMI/ Optical cable connected to TV, still all the same.

4. Tried manually updating (https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/updating-your-soundbar-700.html) but step 5 & 6 in that process didn't work (Remote isn't tuned to soundbar, and browser can't reach to http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html)

5. Tried tapping on the power button next to mic mute, the LED starts blinking amber but then quickly turns off.

6. Removed Soundbar instance from my iPhone's BT settings and tried all of the steps above, still no luck.

Anything I'm missing? Help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 setup on new wifi

Author Accepted Answer selected by dhruvdamle

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. 

I'd like to point you in the direction of this post. It should help re-establish communication between the remote and the soundbar. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hey there @dhruvdamle,

That quite odd! I'd love to help you get things all working again.

As you're setting up on a new WiFi, the soundbar will need to be placed into setting up mode for it to be recognized by the Bose Music app. You'll find guidance on how to go about this HERE.

It seems you've tried a great amount of troubleshooting so far which is great for helping us narrow down the cause of the issue.

Give the link a try and let me know if the issue is solved!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Hi @Sam_F , thanks for your response!

I tried following the link you shared. But it looks like the remote is not talking to the soundbar. The remote has all the media buttons blinking in sync when I press any button. And nothing happens on soundbar when I press & hold TV icon & skip back button.

Something else I noticed on soundbar: upon tapping on action button (the O next to mute mic), the LED on the soundbar pulses amber four times. From user manual, the system state indicated by this is "Source error - refer to the Bose Music app". But again, the app doesn't show the soundbar, so it's a weird limbo state.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by dhruvdamle

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. 

I'd like to point you in the direction of this post. It should help re-establish communication between the remote and the soundbar. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Thanks @Jeff_G  and @Sam_F !!!

I followed the link and everything works now. First I cleared BT pairing from remote by holding vol down and left nav for 5 sec. Then I put the soundbar in setup mode using the remote, by holding TV icon and skip back button. Now the soundbar shows up in the app, connects, & works perfect! Appreciate your inputs!