Re: Soundbar 700 sound dropping out

Hello all,

Thank you for the information you have provided. We have escalated this further to get this investigated. We will come back to you as soon as we have any additional information. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Same here happens 20 times or more every hour. I really dont think they have any intention of fixing it. I basically just have to stop using it and hope one day it's fixed in an update. Gutted.
Highlighted
ASve
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

I wish I would've found this topic before purchasing the 700 SB, Bass, and Surround Speakers yesterday.  I was extremely excited after purchase and while getting it set up.  The sound is great and for the most part the user experience was great leading up to watching Infinity War right after getting everything set up.  However, within the first hour of watching, I lost connection to the Bass and Surround Speakers and also have experienced the continued cutting out of sound.  I had to go through the setup process again to bring back the other speakers (haven't had that issue since), but the cutting out has continued once or twice every 15 mins or so.

The requested information:

• How is your Soundbar connected to the internet, is it Ethernet or Wifi? 
    • Ethernet
  • If Wifi what make is your Router?
    • Router = Asus AC1900 Dual Band 802.11ac Gigabit
    • Modem = Asus CM-16  
  • How are you listening to audio when the sound drops and is there any specific apps affected?
    • Using a Roku 4 streaming device.  Have noticed it with apps: Vudu, HBOGo, Food Network, ESPN, and Fox Sports Go (so all of them I’ve watched so far)
  • Does this happen on all sources?
    • Yes
  • Does there seem to be any pattern when this happens? 
    • No
  • What devices are connected to the SB? 
    • Have the 700 Bass and 700 Surround Sound Speakers
  • What TV do you have? 
    • LG OLED65B7A
  • How is your system set up?
    • Not sure what is meant here 
  • How long after the update did you start experiencing issues?
    • I noticed it within the first hour of having it set up

I hope this is resolved ASAP, as the sound really is great when working correctly.  But if this isn't resolved in the next couple of weeks, I will be returning the speakers and going with a competitor's product.

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

It’s been 10 months of issues and they don’t say sorry to their customers and fire their dev team. Nothing will be getting fixed. This product is DOA. Return it while you can.
ASve
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

@Jeff_G when does your team anticipate the ability to at least communicate an ETA?  What additional information can be provided?    

Hello ASve,

Thanks for posting, at the moment there is no update from the team, however, they are still looking into this; I can assure you it has not been forgotten. 

I have forwarded your information on to the team for you, we really appreciate you sending your information to us. 

Should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

klopyrev
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

I purchased a Sony A9G TV, and I'm seeing the same issue.

Any updates on the issue?

Hi Klopyrev, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. 

We don't currently have any updates regarding this and as Moderator Zoe said above the team are actively looking into this and we will update the community and this thread as soon as we know more. 

I am sorry that I don't have an update for you at this moment in time. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Mikeyboy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

I have an LG OLED tv and am having the exact same problem. I have audio dropouts which last a millisecond every 10-15 minutes or so, it happens with Dolby digital sources ie Netflix, prime video and Blu-ray movies but doesn’t seem to affect DTS signals. I have tried all the relevant resets etc and still have the same problem. Could you please get your technical team to look in to this, I’m gutted I’m having such problems with such a high end product.

klopyrev
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

I've isolated my problem to Amazon Fire TV 4K and to both the Play Movies app and Chromecast in the Sony TV. I bought a Sony soundbar for my Sony A9G TV and I still get the same issue. However, with a separate Chromecast Ultra device as well as with Apple TV 4K, I'm not seeing the issue.

I'm really happy with the Bose system. I'm going to keep it, instead of the Sony soundbar. The sound quality is similar to the Sony HT-ST5000, Sony's best sound bar. However, Bose also supports rear surround speakers, something I can't get with the Sony. The whole system also feels a lot more polished and innovate in several other ways, like build quality, Adaptiq calibration, multi-directional rear speaker design.

Kudos to Bose. Keep up the great work.