Highlighted
mschooley
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 sound dropping out

Bose Support - are there any updates on this issue? This case is now approaching nearly two months old with tons of other customers easily replicating the same problem. Everything was perfect on firmware 4.07; since then it has been nothing but problems. First the right channel crackling issue (which took months to resolve) and now this. 

I, like many others here, am experiencing this same exact issue across any Dolby Digital audio. I have tried everything to troubleshoot: HDMI via TV, Optical via TV, direct HDMI connection from AppleTV 4K, direct optical connection from AppleTV 4K, direct optical connection from old Apple TV, etc. and in all cases I am still experiencing the same random split second audio dropouts on Dobly Digital audio. The issue never occurs with 2.0 PCM audio. 

Can you please give us a ETA on a fix? Had I known all of the problems I would run into with this soundbar, I would never have purchased it. As a long time Bose customer this is incredibly disappointing. I am seriously considering never purchasing another Bose device ever again and have been recommending to family and friends that they avoid Bose as a result of this issue. It would be more understandble if this were a cheap budget soundbar, but given the premium we all paid, it is unacceptable the experience you have put your customers through with this soundbar.

If there is no fix on the horizon, is there a path to return and get a refund through Bose? As all of these issues began happening on forced firmware updates 4.08 thru 4.11, most of us are outside of the return window to get a refund through the retailer we purchased through. 

-Mark

atuneman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Nicely said Mark. And once again, these problems all began with 4.08. I don’t think any of us would disagree that when working properly, this soundbar is top of the line and up to Bose past standards. But these issues and annoyances all starting with 4.08 is leaving a bad taste in this audiophile’s mouth, and I know I’m not the only one. Clean it up Bose. And remember that consumers that are spending this amount of money for sound hear everything. 

vari
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

A geniune monkey development team is ruining bose smart speaker systems. 

No need to say more.

NaikP
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 14, 2019

Hello,

I have been using SB 700 with BASS module for over 10 months, recently from a month I am facing lot of popping noise from the BASS module. I sent the bass module for repair and they returned back the product doing nothing, just added a 3.5mm cable to connect. I am not ready to wire the bass module. Yesterday I was streaming music from Amazon Music and I was able to hear the sound dropping out from the surround speakers and Bass module alternatively. I restarted my wifi network, connected ethernet cable, disabled 5GHz  radio on my router. Nothing helped. Day by day I am loosing confidence on the build quality of Bose. 

Just for a side note I have Sony HT-CT380 soundbar with wireless bass module which I bought in 2015 for $250, till date I have not come across even a single issue. It still sounds great. 

I need help in understanding reason behind dropping sounds, popping noise from bass module. I am using DLink Router DIR-866L router which has dual band. I have SB 700, bass module and surround speakers average 15ft apart in the same room and my wifi router is placed approx 7ft above ground in a corner where SB resides. I have also moved many of my devices from wireless to wired network to reduce number of devices connected wirelessly.

I have another 2 months on SB700 to get any issue fixed due to hardware. I am in need of help.

Thanks,

Naik P

TonyAU
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Hi Bose, I just purchased my soundbar 700 a few hours ago, watch my first movie via Apple TV 4K and the micro audio drop outs are occuring for me too. Very disapointed. From reading through the notes here, it appears to be firmware related.... any news on when this might be rectifed or sound I be returning my soundbar for a refund and wait for these problems to be resolved?

TonyAU
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

@bose  any updates on this issue for the group? 

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I just sent to Bose Australian support some logs of my soundbar 700 after experiencing  the dropout of sound.

Hopefully this will help fix this issue once for all. I suggest if you experience the dropouts of sound, contact your local Bose support too to send them some examples / logs.

We will not get any solution on this forum until the development team fixes the issue in the firmware...

Thierry.

atuneman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

What I find interesting is that this same problem was brought up in other threads back in December. I’ve asked on those threads if the issue was ever fixed, but never got a response from those that posted. Is it possible this issue was fixed with firmware in the past, but only to return after 4.09 update?  Again, we the consumer need to escalate this with more posting and awareness. It’s very apparent that this is not a top priority for Bose like the crackling noise was a couple months ago. Most likely because many buyers are not listening closely enough to the drop outs. 

klopyrev
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

I've decided to return my soundbar system. Never buying a Bose sound system again.

I'm lucky that I just got it. Sorry for the others who can no longer return it.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@atuneman wrote:

What I find interesting is that this same problem was brought up in other threads back in December. I’ve asked on those threads if the issue was ever fixed, but never got a response from those that posted. Is it possible this issue was fixed with firmware in the past, but only to return after 4.09 update?  Again, we the consumer need to escalate this with more posting and awareness. It’s very apparent that this is not a top priority for Bose like the crackling noise was a couple months ago. Most likely because many buyers are not listening closely enough to the drop outs. 

I didn’t have the soundbar yet back in December. I got mine 2 months ago (27 June).