Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 sound dropping out

@NaikP I would probably recommend creating a separate thread for that issue. This thread started as an audio drop issue a while back, which apparently for some people got resolved, then evolved into the popping / crackling issue so now we're getting posts about both. I do not have the popping / crackling issue but do have the dropping out issue.

@Jez12343 I have the dropping out issue on both HDMI ARC and Optical. I don't think it's hardware related since other's have previously reported this issue and, allegedly, it was fixed and now it's happening again. I'm 99% sure your replacement would exhibit the same behavior, but if you do go the route of replacing it and it fixes it it'd be great to have that confirmation from you so I can see what my options are despite being outside the warranty window.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2019

@gslauver , First I notice the dropping sound and then after few minutes I start hearing the popping noise, both are related. I have even sent my base module for repair and they sent me back reporting there is no issue with the base module, I was given  3.5mm cable to hardwire the base module.

I always have this dropping sound followed by popping noise.

Thanks,

NaikP

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

@NaikP Ah, interesting! I hadn't realized that. Very strange. So it's possible to have the audio drop without popping, but maybe not possible to have the popping without the audio drop?

Popping could be something hardware related, but judging from past responses it, too, is probably primarily software.

I gotta believe the 5.1 audio drop issue is software. I don't think it's possible to send a Dolby signal to the Soundbar that is compressed from 5.1. For a Soundbar of this level, you'd think you could pass it the raw signal from the source and it would take care of the rest. That's how my setup is (bitstream / "raw" audio signal sent from SHIELD TV, to TV, to SB700) and I get the audio drop. No popping, though.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Update 2:  So I picked up the replacement soundbar (thanks Bose), installed it, and straightaway heard the same problem, half second audio dropouts (no popping problem for me) every 2 minutes or so from the TV source.  BUT….  after trying various things, I switched out my existing HDMI cable between the TV and the soundbar for the (shorter) Bose HDMI cable and it has been working for 4 days.  Fingers crossed. 

In my defense, I didn’t previously try this because (1) this was the same cable that connected my previous soundbar that had no dropout issues therefore I had discounted it as a potential problem source, and (2) whilst I understand there are different HDMI cable specifications they differ only in speed rating not physical wiring (except HDMI+Ethernet) and thus should be irrelevant because we’re only interested in the sound data? (3) the Bose cable, being shorter, was a stretch for my set up.  So I’m not sure why this has apparently made a difference.

If you have not tried the above please give it a go report back.  Hope it works, but I understand there might be more factors at play.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

I’m on my second sound bar 700. Looks to be an issue with Dolby and Dolby Atmos. Would there be a software update to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

I got a replacement and I’m facing the same issue. It looks to be software and not hardware. It seems to only appear on movies with Dolby 5.1. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Just my two cents , I got my SB700 replaced. FOR the new setup , I moved away from this whole WIFi Drama. Hooked  the ethernet cable and used the 3.5 mm from sound bar to the Sub. Replaced the HDMI from my TV  to optical cable. Its now over 4 months and I have not felt any sound drop ever. Though It is far from being wireless but works with decent sound.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Update 3:  Still going strong with no more micro-dropouts after substituting my old HDMI cable for the Bose supplied cable (between the TV and SB700).  I noticed that the label on the Bose HDMI cable bag reads 'high-speed' and 'Ethernet' capable.  Perhaps my older HDMI cable differed in its transmission capabilities.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Soundbar 700

My Soundbar 700 sounds great from the TV, but when I am watching a DVD from my Sony Blue Ray Player, there are quick noticeable intermittent breaks in sound. I switched out the Sony BRP with another, and it still has the intermittent breaks of sound. Has anyone else complained about this. How can it be fixed? Are Sony BRP's compatible with Bose? Thanks. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

Soundbar 700 sound breaking up

I bought this system about a year ago, soundbar, bass module and sattelites, 700 series, with the latest firmware 10.0.10 upgrade it’s imposible to use it, it is conected to an Appletv 4K, no matter which app i use, the sound breaks up many times a minute, i restored it and it worked fine for about 10 mins, and after that, sound breaks up again, and the bass module sounds weird. When i use it with the radio stations in the bose app, seems to work fine, so i decided to restore my appletv as well, but no luck, if i use iTunes on my iphone, sound breaks up too, i’m desperate, i have spent several days trying to fix this issue. Can you tell me what might be causing this, it is all conected thru an orbi router at 5ghz