Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Soundbar 700 sound dropping out

I have owned the soundbar 700 along with the base module 700 and surrounds for a couple of weeks now. At first it was the issue of the broken right channel, which thankfully has been fixed. However, now I have an issue with the sound dropping/cutting out usually every couple of minutes. I happens only for a split second but is very noticeable and annoying. It happens using both arc and optical. I have tried resetting the HDMI-CEC by powering off and disconnecting my TV and soundbar without success. I have even tried a factory reset on both the soundbar and TV and eliminated the possibility of any wifi interference. The TV I'm using is a Samsung q9fn. Has anyone else experienced this issue or have a possible solution?
60 REPLIES 60
Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 sound dropping out

I also have the bose soundbar 700 with base module and rear speakers. Ever since the update 4.0.9 I also experience a micro sound drop with dolby 5.1 and dolby 3.2.1 sound! I don't experience a micro sound drop with 2.0 stereo.
Hopefully there will be a bose firmware update that solves the problem.

Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I also noticed this immediately after the FW 4.0.9, but the drop was so short that I presumed is in my imagination. Seems that was for real :(.

Is less than a second and appears randomly. I cannot connect the drop with something special.

atuneman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Same problem here, and I started noticing after latest 4.09 update as well. Exchange one problem for another apparently. Millisecond drop that happens every few minutes or so. Most noticeably using Hulu app or Netflix, have LG OLED TV using HDMI arc. Also tried CEC off, power down both TV and Soundbar, unplug, and unplug HDMI to bar, still notice. Anyone figure out how to fix this latest problem?

Hi Bradey,

Thanks for your post in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with intermittent dropouts of audio.

Can you please confirm what sources are affected by this, and if there is anything notable on-screen that occurs at the same time as the dropouts, e.g: commercials, new disc chapters, channel changes, etc. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

The problem is there and Bose doesn’t want to acknowledge it. Get it fixed.
Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

There is no notable correlation to the dropouts with any specific on screen.

You guys surely must realize the issue. I doubt there is anyone who doesn't have it. If everyone who had the soundbar knew about this community the thread would be 100 pages long by now. Because its happening to everyone. Spare a thought for those who have no idea it's a widespread issue and are spending tons of their time trying to figure out why their expensive product is plagued by simple issues. Things like this are gonna have a massive impact on your product given the amount of other options out there.

Just fix the problem we deserve to have this working perfectly. How many people have to find the thread and comment on it before you guys will accept you stuffed up the firmware again and fix it? Atleast give us all some piece of mind and tell us your working on a fix for it. Surely you've learned this after the whole 4.0.8 firmware debacle.. Stop asking us how the problem occurs and just go watch a movie, turn it up and listen for the problem, find out why it's doing it and fix it. Simple.
Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Brought this whole system for 1.700 two weeks ago and still having problems from day one right speaker cracking which is fix and now this please just fix this or let us know what going on at least or I will get a refund still in my 30 days return period just very annoying.

Hello Everyone, 

Thanks for taking the time to post in this thread. 

In order for us to fix the issues, you all raise we need as much information as possible. I can understand that it is frustrating and I am incredibly sorry for any inconvinience caused but if we work together to get all the information we can look to find a fix much quicker. 

It would be really helpful to know: 

• How is your Soundbar connected to the internet, is it Ethernet or Wifi? 
  • If Wifi what make is your Router? 
  • How are you listening to audio when the sound drops and is there any specific apps affected?
  • Does this happen on all sources?
  • Does there seem to be any pattern when this happens? 
  • What devices are connected to the SB? 
  • What TV do you have? 
  • How is your system set up? 
  • How long after the update did you start experiencing issues?

The more information we have the quicker we can get this sorted. Thank you all for your patience, understanding, and cooperation at this time. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Sound drop are random dts the sound is fine but its happens in Dolby digital connect 5g wireless and Sony xe930 TV