Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 sound dropping out

Are you kidding me, your still asking how it happens?! Do you not have a sb700 to test this for yourself and replicate the issue? That's all you need to. Not even budget soundbars have issues like this so how can one that costs over $1000 NZ. This is just taking the piss now.

Everyone just return your systems if your still able to. They clearly no closer to fixing the problem. Bose has no idea what they are doing their complete lack of ability to admit fault and provide solutions is unbelievable. Never seen such incompetence from a so called reputable brand. What does this mean for the future of the soundar? Will it ever work as it should?
Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Don’t know what to do wait to see if the sound drop outs get fixed or get the refund and get the Sony zf9 soundbar with rear any  advice 

Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Hi,

i also thought of Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar! But does not have any airplay2.

Mine return window of 30 days is gone!

My advice to you is wait for a firmware update that fix the problem.

Dont wait to long  ‘the return window is 30 days’ 

Hi all, 

Thank you for the information provided.

@Bradey I completely understand your frustrations but we cannot recreate every single setup that our users have. Yes, we can recreate the problem with a general setup, but you all have different TVs, streaming sources, cable boxes, set up environments and so on. This makes every setup unique and it is important to consider that some of these may be linked to the problem. Thank you for understanding.

We appreciate the patience of everyone involved whilst this matter is being looked into.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Hi Charlotte

Excuse my frustration, I understand that. But what I'm trying to say is that regardless of what setup is being used, the problem persists. Therefore it's a general problem. It doesn't matter what TV make, external source or environment the soundbar is presented, the problem exists. As confirmed by multiple users with various types of setups so it can only be related to the soundbar and the firmware itself.

I really hope its sorted soon because it's a shame to see a product capable of such great sound being effected by something like this.
atuneman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Sound drops for literally one tenth of a second, but noticeable, and happens randomly. Maybe 5-10 times per hour. I noticed this within days of recent firmware update, which did completely resolve the right channel crackle noise.

My set up: SB is WiFi from Actiontec router by Verizon. HDMI Arc to an LG OLED. Cable provider is Verizon FIOS. Also have PS4. I notice the dropped sound on all devices and all streaming apps (Netflix, Hulu, etc). Have tried the complete reboot steps provided in this thread to no avail. Have also toggled around with CEC to alternate, also no help. Hope this helps towards providing a solution.

Hello @Bradey

Completely understood, but to come to this conclusion, we needed to gather all of that information first. 

I'd like to assure you that we have passed this information on and our development team will be looking into this to bring a resolution as soon as possible.

@atuneman: Thank you very much for providing that information, it is greatly appreciated and will help the team to find the route of this issue.

Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Same for me.

Random, less than a second, drop of sound. Is almost un-noticeable.

Soundbar 500 with subwoofer and surround speakers, on Ethernet (not Wi-Fi).

Stable, static IP internet (300-500Mbps)

TV is an LG OLED55B8PLA, HDMI ARC to soundbar. TV sound output is on "Auto" (not PCM).

Appears from time to time, on all sources (Live TV, Netflix, XBox One S).

Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Is not on 700 only, is on Soundbar 500 also.

LG TV OLED55B8PLA, HDMI Arc, Ethernet for both tv and soundbar.

Appears on all sources (Live Tv, Netflix, XBox One S).

Sorry for the double post.

It was a delay between the moment of writing and that of appearing into the thread.

atuneman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Hi,
Any updates on this issue? I’m still having same issue with sound dropping for less than a second, about 20-30 times per hour. Even after last 2 firmware updates, as I see we are now on 4.11. Please advise. Thanks