Lee.cherry1@outlook.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Soundbar 700 stuck updating

Just purchased soundbar 700 today.  Cannot get to setup because it is stuck in perpetual update.  Says it may take 20 min....that was 6 hours ago.

Any suggestions?

75 REPLIES 75
Pocket Lint
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 stuck updating

I am having the same issue. Just bought the Sound bar (700) along with the base module. The sound bar is stuck in perpetual update and I can’t even add the base module
Lee.cherry1@outlook.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

After 12 hours. System updated.
Krumple
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 16, 2018

I think I have the same problem. Bose Music says the speaker is updati g, but i have no LED status on the bose 700 soundbar showing me that it is updating. Im tempted to factory reset and try again
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello all

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the update issues, but I'd be happy to help!

• When the system is stuck in this update loop, is the LED bar moving from right to left or left to right?
  • If it's moving from the right to left (download state), could you try and factory default the system to see if this allows the process to finish?
  • If it's moving from left to right (install state, this process can take up to 30 minutes.  Please do not factory default the system at this point as it could cause issues with the system.  If the install is taking longer than the 30 minutes, please try a power reset.  

HERE are steps on how to factory default the soundbar.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Martino
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

Jo,
I habe the same problem but there is no light! In the app it says updating but there is no bar.
The bass and the VI speaker can not be find!

Kind regards
Community Manager

Hi Martino

Thanks for writing in!

Were you able to try any of the steps above?

Thank you,

Tony A 

Martino
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

Hey
I just resetet everything and now it was possible to recognize all devices and set them up!

Thank you, it worked

Kind regards

Hi Martino,

Great to hear!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon

godsgirl907
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2018

Just purchased a new 700 sound bar. App is continuing to show updating, 3 hours now. First hour showed the light right to left, then changed left to right for a very short time and now nothing. We tried all the above steps and still no lights on the sound bar and app still shows updating. Nothing feels better then dropping a couple thousand dollars and not being able to use or find any help. Very disappointed Bose.