Charlotte_G

Re: Soundbar 700 stuck updating

Hello Bryan1988, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm extremely sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this problem with your Soundbar 700. 

Have you been able to attempt any of the suggestions provided in the thread such as a reset and manually updating through your computer?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Bryan1988
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

I have tried many times with two different computers mac and windows, and didnt work, I have conected the sound bar to two different wifi accounts, i think i have tried with all the resets described here but nothing has worked. is the second bar with this issue. please help me. 

Bryan1988
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Charlotte G 

the white light is going from right to left now, for about 4 hours. 

Hector_B

Hi Bryan1988, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am sorry to hear that your issue is still persisting! 

I understand that it has been some time since the Soundbar was stuck updating for a few hours, can you please confirm if this is still the case? If so please perform a reset on the system via: 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
agentoj27@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

I've been having the same issues with my soundbar. The remote stopped working after a month and updating took forever. How do I get a new remote since it died within a month. How can you pay so much for a product that crashes so easily? 

Vicky_W

Hello agentoj27, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. The best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your remote. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Fatboi
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

This is my 2nd Soundbar. What in the hell must a guy do ti get this thing fired up? Saying updating speaker, but no lights and over my bar is the Update Icon and when I tap it still doing the same. What should I do?

Jeff_G

Hello, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your second Soundbar 700 speaker.

May I ask, how are you performing the update? Are you using the Bose Music app or are you attempting a manual update via USB? If you haven't tried a manual update, I would encourage you to check out this page. 

If the issue persists, I would recommend reaching out to support via the link provided above by Vicky W. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Gino01
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Bose you guys really need to sort this out, far to many people are facing issues. I've had my soundbar 8 hours and havnt  heard a peep from it and already have the red light of death on the led bar. I have tried everything and it still won't work. I'll be contacting the help line when they are open and expect to have the issue resolved within 24 hours 

Michael Lee Hill
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Yes, The link is not working

I am having the exact same issue, My brand new Bose 700 Soundbar arrived yesterday, 4-17-2020
I plugged it in and connected to house WiFi and it went immediately into "Update Speaker", it's been 16 hours now

So disappointing to spend $2,000 to have this happen. 

Can you please help,

this link is not working by the way http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html