Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomas31745
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2021

Bose 700

I changed the router at home and now the soundbar has a left to right flashing white light. Have tried to initiate the factory reset but the remote won’t connect. Pressing the action button on the soundbar doesn’t do anything. Have plugged in to an Ethernet cable however it is no different and the light is still flashing left to right. Have tried a lot of ‘fixes’ on this forum with no luck....

dr.alex.torres@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2021

Re: Soundbar 700 stuck updating

I really need help with this. My remote control is not paired and my soundbar has been displaying the white line from left to right for a week now. I don't know what exactly to do because the system doesnt allow me to pair de remote control while the white bar is moving and on the other hand all instructions to remove the white bar involves the remote control. Can anybody help me here please?

gamirgs
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2021

Hi - I had this problem of stuck updates on my Speaker 500 and in my case I fixed it with the following steps... I don't know if they can be replicated on the Soundbar 700 but perhaps somebody else can get lucky or adapt them...

1. I unplugged my home Wi-fi router from the mains.

2. I set up my iPhone to duplicate my home Wi-fi router network name and password (network name goes in to Settings/General/About/Name, and password goes in to Settings/Personal Hotspot/Wi-fi Password). Remember to take note of the existing details first so that you can return to them afterwards.

3. Check that you have plenty mobile data allowance on your contract (the Speaker 500 firmware download is about 574MB)

4.Restart the Speaker 500 in recovery mode as per https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/support/articles/HC2620/productCodes/bose_home_speaker_500/article.html

(4a. the Soundbar 700 recovery mode page is https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/articles/HC2620/productCodes/bose_soundbar_700/article.html)

5. Once the green flashing on the speaker has timed out, you should see that your smartphone hotspot is being accessed by the speaker (on the iPhone the time at the top left gets a blue background).

6. The above step of the smartphone showing the active connection is great as it gives you cause to trust that something positive is actually happening. If you're using an iPhone you could also go to Settings/Mobile Data/Mobile Data/Personal Hotspot > to watch the download MBs accruing... although it's a bit rubbish at updating itself, annoyingly (I had to keep quitting the Settings App and restarting it).

7. Leave everything alone until the speaker finishes downloading and reboots. About 15 mins in my case but this will vary of course.

8. Return your smartphone hotspot details to their originals, and turn your home router back on.

I hope this helps someone.

larkpty
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2021

I purchased a SB700, subwoofer and remote speakers in Panama.  When trying to set it up, it was recognized and added to the app (version 4.3.3).  Then, the SW update began and ran for more than 12 hours without any lights on the SB, si I cancelled it.  At this time, I joined this community looking for posible solutions.  I have tried ALL the update alternatives provided.  None have worked.  I cannot provide the SB firmware version, as it is not visible.

Though the manual update got me the closest to updating, it failed as well as it gives an error indicaating the file I had downloaded from the provided link was not the correct file.

I have been using either my iPhone 11 Pro or iPad Pro on iOS 14.4.2.