Martino
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 stuck updating

Try to reset back to factory settings, check internet connection and try again! For me it worked without problems after this steps!
Kind regards

The sound afterwards is worth the effort 😉
raverdugo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 22, 2018

I have the same issue. A few hours now updating, with no light from right to left or left to right (that did happen before but it finished). I tried a power reset (30 secs) and nothing. As soon as the app finds it again, it says that it is updating, without light coming from the bar. People says that factory reset worked for them, but I cannot do it because I never got to the point of pairing the bar with the remote, and factory reseting needs to be done from the remote!!! What can I do?

Hello raverdugo! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear this is happening. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

Two questions to start:

• Were you able to set the system up in the app before updating? 
  • Was your remote paired and working before?

Let us know! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Fludorf
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2018

Hi all,

I have the very same issue. I have tried the power and factory reset always end up in the same situation where the app says its updating and the soundbar is not showing any led activity. What can I do now?
raverdugo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 22, 2018

After I sent the message, the soundbar did finish updating. This was after I did power reset a couple of times. Thesoundbarwas stucked (I thought) because it had not light, in any direction. But aparently it was doing something and after a ouplec of hours it came to life. 

Community Manager

Hi Fludorf

Thanks for the update!

Can you try and manually update the system to see if that helps resolve the issue?  Here the steps:

• Use the following link to download the update file for your soundbar: worldwide.bose.com/support/SB700FW
    • When prompted, click Save and save the update file to your computer's desktop
      • If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Check the header or footer in the browser window, or check your Downloads folder
      • Do not rename the file
  • Connect a USB A-to-Micro USB cable from a computer to the "SERVICE" jack on the back of the soundbar
  • Reboot the soundbar by disconnecting its power cord for 30 seconds
  • Wait for the soundbar to reboot: While rebooting, the light bar pulses white; when rebooted, the light bar turns off
  • On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Skip Back buttons for 5 seconds to enter service mode. The light bar on the soundbar glows white to confirm and goes out when you release the remote buttons
  • Open a web browser and go to http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html
  • At the file update screen, click CHOOSE FILE
  • In the file selection window, find and select the "product_update.zip" file you downloaded in Step 1
  • Click UPLOAD and wait while the update is installed.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Fludorf
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2018

Hi Tony!

thank you very much. That worked perfectly.

Hi Fludorf,

Thank you for the update!!! 

We're happy to hear it worked for you.

Have a good day!

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Kix
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

Is there a way to do a reset without the remote? My system has been sitting in the install state (light moving left to right) for over 24 hours. When I try the reset ( power and fast forward button for 5 seconds), my remote just flashes the 6 input icons... I’m stuck with a dead system... help!
bergkampisking
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Hi,

I have the exact same problem - light has been going from left to right for >24 hours and the remote has not been paired. I have tried power resetting multiple times but the light still keeps going and nothing else. Most of the time the app says the speaker is updating. Any help would really be appreciated, Bose. Quite disappointed

Thanks