Artek+
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 stuck updating

Hi,

I have similar situation. White light is going left to right for 48+ hours & microphone mute light (red) is on. Power resetting doesn't help and right after plugging the power cable the soundbar goes immediately into white light going from left to right with red microphone mute led on. Application doesn't discover the soundbar. Simultaneously pressing and holding the Bluetooth and Skip Back buttons on the remote doesn't bring any result.

Dear Bose please help as at this moment my device is totally useless disappointing me and my family.

Thanks in advance!

bergkampisking
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

An update to my soundbar issue - ive tried troubleshooting with Bose over the phone. While they were helpful, nothing helped and i was advised to return for an exchange. 

A little disappointing but i suppose these things happen...but i now see 2 others have the same exact problem within the last few days? Hmmm

Community Manager

Hi all

Thanks for bringing this to our attention as this can be very frustrating with a brand new product.  I'd like to see if you could follow the steps above about manually updating the system with the USB cable to a PC if that's possible.  

If this doesn't work, let's see if we can pair the remote manually without the app to see if we can try a factory default.  

• Disconnect power from the router
  • Press and hold the left arrow and volume down on the remote until the source lights blink twice
  • Press the center button on the remote
  • Now hold the action button on the soundbar down for 10 seconds 
  • Reconnect power to the router

Definitely let us know which steps helped with the update issues!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Artek+
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Hello,

manually updating is not possible with my soundbar. When I connect soundbar to USB port on my PC a new network device named APQ8017-Surf appears in the system. Windows starts identifying new network, but after approximately 30 seconds device disappears before network has been identified. Then after few seconds APQ8017-Surf appears again and network identification starts again. I have tried this with two different PC and on both it is the same. Just to add - all the time white light is going from left to right.

Pairing remote as per instruction provided by Tony A doesn't work either. I am pressing and holding left arrow + volume down, source buttons blinks twice, then I press center button on the remote which makes source buttons on the remote blinking. Then I hold action button on the soundbar and nothing happens. I have tried that without connecting soundbar to network and also with soundbar connected to wifi. Nothing happens...

This is very frustrating and I have already lost a lot of time trying on manual updates, remote pairing, numerous power resets and still nothing.

Dear Bose I need your help to get this device back to working status!

Community Manager

Hi Artek+

Thanks for giving those steps a try.  It does appear that there is an issue with soundbar and I'd recommend contacting your local support team.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Kix
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

Thank you, I called and they couldn’t resolve this issue. Authorization was given for an exchange for a new unit. New unit setup and working. Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen to this one! 🙂
Community Manager

Hi Kix

Thanks for the update!  Please let us know if you encounter any more issues with the system.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Artek+
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Hi Tony A,

I have contacted local support. They couldn't solve the problem and soundbar was replaced with a new one. After I connected the new one to the network in immediately downloaded upgrade and started installing. But with new device upgrade was installed in approximately 30 minutes.

Best regards,

Artek+

Community Manager

Hi Artek+

Thanks for the update and please let us know if anything else comes up!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Pressi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Hi,
I was trying to install my Bose Soundbar 700 and have landed up in the same problem as projected by various people out here. The soundbar is in continuous update mode wherein the light is going from left to right. This is happening for more than 36 hrs. Have contacted comustomer care and tried out pairing my remote and resetting the system through various methods instructed over phone but no joy. Contacted the local customer care here in mumbai and they have not been able to give me any positive response. This seriously is frustrating especially when u are talking about premium brand like Bose. Kindly provide some support so that I can install the system.