Lewis Lee
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Soundbar 700 voice assistant feature advertised for Taiwan.

Dear Bose,

I saw the recent news about the recent firmware update that adds google assistant to your speakers, and want to check when will any of  the voice assistant services be available for Taiwan on your soundbar 700? 

I bought mine for my birthday 6 months ago from your Taiwan Bose store, I was told it supports Alexa and will soon for google assistant. Only discovered it is entirely not supported in Taiwan after i activated the speakers. I had went back to your store a few times to check for the launch date but no one can ever give me a straight answer. I do not want to call it false advertising as i like your brand, but it has been 6 months. Please check and give an indication at least. Thank you.

Regards,

Lewis

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 voice assistant feature advertised for Taiwan.

Hey Lewis Lee, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

At this moment in time there are no voice assistants that are currently available in Taiwan, this isn't something that we have any further information about at this moment in time meaning that we can't provide you with a launch date for this. 

I am deeply sorry that I have no further information on this subject and can assure you we will update the community when we can. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Lewis Lee
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Dear Bose,

If that is the case, then this is really false advertising when there is no plans in motion to fulfill it. As the speaker brand is Bose, i would expect Bose and not the voice assistant companies to be responsible for ensuring your products can do what you advertised.

You should not be advertising it as a feature and even less so as a selling point for countries that it is not supported. From you Taiwan Bose website your advertisements and manuals advertise this feature as a selling point, it misleads consumers without  mentioning not available locally. From being disappointed when turning on your speaker to now being infuriated that there is actually no plans after being mislead for half a year. I mean you do not expect me to just say "ok nevermind" right? Your speakers are expensive and i saved up to buy it. Please give me some good news.

regards,
Lewis

Highlighted
Willam
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

I also bought a set of soundbar 700, and dispointment to get message from BOSE that voice assistant 

have no plan to support more language ( chinses ), 

Highlighted
ZEUSHP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

You can use Google voice assistant. 

Highlighted
Willam
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

Hi sir,

Thanks for your notice.

I didn't see Chinese in lastest firmware (only Russian, Brazil Portuguese, Polish, Sweden, Korean.)

but I will still try it. 

Highlighted
ZEUSHP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

I look in my setting the Google voice assistant and see Chinese language. 

Highlighted
ZEUSHP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Highlighted
Willam
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

I think setting in this picture is the Google voice assistant from android device.

BOSE smart home speaker is not synchronous with google.

Highlighted
ZEUSHP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Soundbar 700 have Alexa and Google voice assistant. You need a smartphone iOS or Android to use the BOSE app to configure and choose what voice assistant you want.