Johann_du_10
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 work with NAS box

Hi.

Same for me.

Both apps "Soundlink" and "Bose Music" has the same features. But not this one ! it's incredible...

I bought a soudbar 700 + a bass module 700 + a HS500 and i can't use my NAS Synology !

I was able to use it with older Bose items... i think i didn't have a good idea to change my equipments... at the moment i regret it...

Johann_du_10
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

So ???

" Best Soundbar of the world" ???

It's a joke as basic option is not présent...

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Johann_du_10,

This is still something that is being looked into.  If it becomes available we will notify the community.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

PaulG
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2019

Just set up my Bose 500 and most disappointed about lack of NAS support as this was the main positive that PC World told me was a feature of Bose over Sonos.  No doubt they were confused with the SoundTouch system.  Echo request this is done soonest.  I like my music on my hard drives.  Not in the cloud being streamed

Geertm
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

Hello Brandon_M

Any news yet about any update??

I've recently installed my Bose soundbar 700 but realized I can't play my music via Wifi from my NAS Synology 2018+!!

Hey guys, we are living in 2019 and I was very surprised this function isn't available on the Bose Music app!

Thank you very much and all the best.

Geert

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hello All,

We do not currently have any updates to share with the community about adding NAS drive support to the Bose Music app. I'm making sure that this feature request is passed on to our development team again, and if we do have any news to share, we will make sure that we keep the community updated.

Thank you for your feedback!

All the best.

Keith_L - Community Support - 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
lacalo
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

I would appreciate if you would inform me what is the legal criterion used to sell me a loudspeaker that only reproduces the music that you authorize, preventing me from reproducing my personal collection of music for which I have paid the corresponding taxes, because in my opinion, this is a scam .
dniklewicz
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Soundbar 700 and other speakers from "Smart Home" do not have a standard UPnP/DLNA implementation which is required for NAS support in general. This is the cost of being able to not allow unauthorized users to control the speaker.

I am an app developer working heavily in UPnP/DLNA areas and in my opinion support for NAS will not be added because it is technically against the feature described above. But maybe Bose will remove access-related features on "Smart Home" speakers in order to stream music from NAS or restrictions will stay only in the app and UPnP/DLNA will be implemented in standard way adding support for NAS out of the box? We never know! Smiley Wink

Jmm17
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Just adding my 2 cents that I to would also like to ability to play music on my Bose 700 soundbar from my NAS (Synology). Streaming music off the cloud would be okay... if they supported Amazon music in Australia. Which is not currently supported, so I am left with playing low res music off my phone via Bluetooth. Not really ideal to be honest.

GaryG45
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

I have a Soundbar 500 and I'm able to play my music that resides on a WD MYCloudMirror Gen 2 NAS.  I'm using the mConnect Player Lite app on my iPad and iPhone.  I believe mConnect Player Lite is using the Twonky media server with DLNA that is on the NAS.  I don't know if it will work with the Soundbar 700.  The mConnect Player Lite is a free app, so it might be worth a try.