Mitka
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2017

Re: Soundbar 700 work with NAS box

This is disappointing. I have SoundTouch speakers and the main reason I bought them was because I had access to my music on my NAS/Computer. I was rather surprised to see this functionally not supported in the Smart Home series...guess they aren't so smart after all.

No point in getting them anymore...unless it becomes supported or Bose "re-implements" it in another series or next iteration. 

Bose should really reconsider this...think about the users who can't stream or prefer not to stream.

Mitka

DonDonJuJu
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

This is crazy that this feature is not available for the 700 when it was available for other Soundbars in the past.  With the amount of money we pay for the 700, you would think that would be a standard option.  

Hoping they come up with a fix for that.

DrAlex
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

I wasn't able to get my Bose 700 sound bar to play music directly from my NAS but I was able to get my phone to play my NAS music and then get the Bose 700 to play it via bluetooth. The Bose app can't play the NAS music directly but it can play it via bluetooth so if your phone can access your NAS music independently through some other software and, then you should be able to chain them together easily and make it work. Basically the smart phone is the middle man.

Nicolas77
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2020

I am also interesting by this functionality. My NAS is a Synology 718+.