Soundbar Google Home support

SOLVED
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Soundbar Google Home support

Not that I have nothing against Alexa, but for those of us not living in the USA, when might we be able to see Google Home support on the Bose Home Speaker 500 and Soundbar series?  

Side note; here in Singapore, your products are advertised in stores as "supporting Alexa". This is clearly misleading advertising as Alexa is only available if you can get around Apples registration challenges in order to install the app that enables configuration to occur.  Not for the faint hearted.    

Anyway, is there a thread to watch and vote for this feature?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is the Soundbar 700 getting Google Assistant?

Hi MSmithBose,

Thanks for the question!

We are currently working on new voice assistants for the Bose Smart Home speaker line, however we cannot provide specifics regarding which Voice Assistant will be added or any timing.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

19 REPLIES

Re: Soundbar Google Home support

Hi Comfuzed

Thanks for posting!

At this time, we are only supporting Alexa as a VPA, however we are working on adding different VPAs to the ecosystem in the future.  We currently don't have any information, but as soon as we do, we'll be sure to update the Community!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Is the Soundbar 700 getting Google Assistant?

Hi folks,
When the Soundbar 700 was first released I had read a number of articles that said it was coming out with Alexa built-in and that Google Assistant would be coming before the year's end. I haven't heard anything since though. Is this still true? Will Google Assistant soon be integrated? Any update on it?
Thanks
Audible Advocate

@bose Mods?  Any insight?

Hi MSmithBose,

Thanks for the question!

We are currently working on new voice assistants for the Bose Smart Home speaker line, however we cannot provide specifics regarding which Voice Assistant will be added or any timing.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Audible Advocate

Ok, but for the love of god don't bring Cortana or Bixby over Google Assistant. Smiley Wink  Wait you're not thinking of bringing Cortana or Bixby over Google Assistant, are you?

I'm not a believer, however tonight I shall pray. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the response

Audible Advocate

Any news on Google Assistant?
I am standing by on the purchase for Bose Soundbar 500 until the Google Assistant will be available...

I do not want to make the purchase, then to find out that you will no longer do it...

Hi Mishta,

Please see our response HERE.

Best Regards,

Friendly Fanatic

The sales assistant at my local Bose store explicitly stated that support for Google Assistant was on the way. I purchased my Soundbar 700 on that basis, so it's quite a worry that the official Bose responses in this thread won't even mention Google by name.

Wistful Whisperer

Hi,

Do you have any news about the the next update which will include Google Assistant compatibility?

Within this update, are we going to be able to change the source to TV Mode without the Bose controller?
(Example1: Google Home send the voice command to the ChromeCast, Chromecast open up the TV plus Netflix, the movie plays, but no sound on SoundTouch300 until I use the controller to change source.)
(Example2: With Google Home app and SoundTouch app, I can create group to play music in differents rooms simultaneously. But I can’t play the music through the Bose Soundtouch Wireless Link Adapter which is connected to my Pioneer receiver because it uses the jack connection. I am forced to change the input mode manually on the receiver. With google home app, I can do it by using wireless connection.

Thanks,

David